Skip directly to content

100 posts woot!

• 100 posts woot!
    November 5, 2011 - 3:43am

Well ladies and gents, looks like i'm the first over the mark to 100 posts.

What is slightly disappointing is that there's not that many people with me. I've been on this forum since it started, and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many "regulars" to build up a nice community yet. Hopefully that will come with time, but at the moment this place just seems a little bit more disconnected than some of the other, tighter DT forums like DTF, or Jordan's or James forums.

But anyway, here's to the next person to make it to 100

Regards,

Soulfire

Soulfire's picture
on November 5, 2011 - 3:43am

Well ladies and gents, looks like i'm the first over the mark to 100 posts.

What is slightly disappointing is that there's not that many people with me. I've been on this forum since it started, and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many "regulars" to build up a nice community yet. Hopefully that will come with time, but at the moment this place just seems a little bit more disconnected than some of the other, tighter DT forums like DTF, or Jordan's or James forums.

Regards,

Soulfire

Forum category: 
skildude's picture

[quote=Soulfire]Well ladies and gents, looks like i'm the first over the mark to 100 posts.

Regards,

Soulfire[/quote]

Heh. I've been visiting DT "sites" since 1994. I remember the IRC channel attached to the site that couldnt get 2 people in their to save its life. The posting back then was even moer sparce. I assume they've changed services multiple times since then. It's pretty hard to tell or keep up with all the changes. I think it would be interestng to have different sections of the site have different albums represented on them. Click on a page and get an Awake background. aonther and get ToT.

Daso's picture

It even makes me wonder how you got to make more than 100 posts so fast... There isn't even enough threads to discuss about, hahaha.

The boards are so disorganized, I think, which is the main problem for me. There's lots of stuff that should be in the Records section here in Banter and Brawl, and it's confusing. I repeat, there should be more boards in this forum.

Soulfire's picture

in regards to all the forum bugs, another one I have is POLLS.

I have to click on an option and refresh the page like 5 times before it does anything!! It's so frustrating.

This appears to have now become the unofficial board requests thread lol.

Keysman's picture

Congrats mate! :D
You have been busy!

Kimberlyand's picture

What an achievement!

Hprog's picture

This forum is indeed quite unfunctional. I had to login and refresh several times in order to be able to post here, and that's discouraging. There should be, like in any other forum, an option to visit the unread posts since last visit and new replies to one's post.

Daso's picture

I agree with the fact this place needs more subforums. Even in this Banter and Brawl section we talk about Dream Theater, which makes it kind of difficult. It needs to be a bit more divided at least. I'm rather away from the 100 mark myself as well, since this forum is not as active as other forums I'm in, and I think it's because of the forementioned cause. If there was a stronger, more centered community here, I would be around much more for sure.

Philba1966's picture

For what it's worth, the profiles don't get updated regularly/at all rither...it hasn't noted the last two topics I started, or listed all of my commenting. It makes it a bit of a bear to get back to areas you've commented on to check for responses.

I'm going to try the subscription function and/or "mark as read and return" in the meantime. Perhaps it will help.

Soulfire's picture

[quote=Philba1966]I haven't looked into the other forums (i.e. not on this site), but I do find this interface kind of clunky. I mean, I don't expect it to have all the features of Facebook, but it could use a better layout and a more intuitive way to interact directly with friends.

I have some catching up to do...the race to 1,000 is on![/quote]

Oh God, I totally agree. The interface on here is woeful sometimes, especially in regards to polls, and read/unread posts. I'm sorry to any site designers who may be reading, but in the interest of the software development cycle and future improvements, something does need to be done.

Hprog's picture

I'm quite far away from that mark. I also look forward to a nice community forming here, but I think most fans post elsewhere. Let's give it time.

The Shaman's picture

Congrats! XD

Philba1966's picture

I haven't looked into the other forums (i.e. not on this site), but I do find this interface kind of clunky. I mean, I don't expect it to have all the features of Facebook, but it could use a better layout and a more intuitive way to interact directly with friends.

I have some catching up to do...the race to 1,000 is on!

Soulfire's picture

I agree. I also think the level on 1-post fanboys far outweighs the people who actually want to build a decent community on here unfortunately.