Skip directly to content

Albany NY 10/15/2011

• Albany NY 10/15/2011
    October 3, 2011 - 2:56am

got my ticket.orchestra right center 13 rows back.anyone else here going?can't wait!

EG1967's picture
on October 3, 2011 - 2:56am

got my ticket.orchestra right center 13 rows back.anyone else here going?can't wait!

Forum category: 
Duffle_Bag_Dan's picture

Yea I notised that little malfunction in "Bridges in the Sky" too but he still kept on going. I agree with what both of you said about John being an incredible guitarist. I really enjoyed the setlist too. I was glad that they played setlis B instead of setlist A.

Bluefish's picture

[quote=chrismas92]I agree that Periphery was pretty bad. I had no ability to distinguish what was happening musically until maybe the last song. It all jumbled into a garbled mess and the instruments drowned out the singer (which was not necessarily bad for me because i don't really enjoy all the screaming)
Dream Theater was amazing, though. I have never been to a better concert and probably won't find one until the next Dream Theater show I go to.
@Bluefish: Yep, that was unfortunate, but he just kept trucking like nothing was wrong and it still sounded great regardless. There was also a problem with feedback in his Breaking All Illusions solo and he had to manipulate the volume pedal when ever he stopped playing. It just shows how focused he is and how incredible of a guitarist he is.
[/quote]

Indeed he is.

chrismas92's picture

I agree that Periphery was pretty bad. I had no ability to distinguish what was happening musically until maybe the last song. It all jumbled into a garbled mess and the instruments drowned out the singer (which was not necessarily bad for me because i don't really enjoy all the screaming)
Dream Theater was amazing, though. I have never been to a better concert and probably won't find one until the next Dream Theater show I go to.
@Bluefish: Yep, that was unfortunate, but he just kept trucking like nothing was wrong and it still sounded great regardless. There was also a problem with feedback in his Breaking All Illusions solo and he had to manipulate the volume pedal when ever he stopped playing. It just shows how focused he is and how incredible of a guitarist he is.

Bluefish's picture

Great show. Did anyone else notice the problem with John's guitar dropping out of the mix early in Bridges in the Sky?

likeablecoffeeguy's picture

8th row left side. Killer show!

Duffle_Bag_Dan's picture

Hey I was in the 4th row on the balcony. Great Show huh (but the opener sucked)

ytse411's picture

Hell ya!! Front row baby!! Can't wait!

Axe2Grind's picture

I will be there. Orchestra level, stage left! Can't wait to see the guys in action again!!

EG1967's picture

cool to see other dt fans in this area.gonna be an awesome show!

ZeppelinDT's picture

I'll be there. I just bought cheap seats as I'm really only going because I've got a friend in Albany and it's an excuse to visit him. Already seeing them at the NYC show too. This will be my 37th DT show :)

chrismas92's picture

Very yes. We are at the front of the balcony and it's going to be amazing. lml