Skip directly to content

AMAZING SHOW!

• AMAZING SHOW!
    October 12, 2011 - 12:20pm

I saw the guys last night at the Mayo Center for Performing Arts in Morristown, NJ. Not only did they put on the best DT show I've ever seen, and I've been a fan since the beginning, but I also got to fufill a long time dream by meeting them. It was the thrill of a lifetime and a moment I will remember for the rest of my life. The guys in this band are not only 5 of the greatest musicians ever, they are also friendly and personable and easy to talk to. They don't enter a room with the untouchable air of "rock stars", they just walk in, 5 normal guys from New York City ready to meet their fans. If possible, I have even more respect and admiration now then I did before meeting them. Of course like most people in todays world, I dont have anywhere near $200 bucks to throw around carelessly and I suffered with a huge amount of guilt over this whole 'meet and greet' thing, but honestly, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, and I'm already making plans to be standing there again the next time they come to town.
    The show was fun, their playing was impecable and they did a great job of balancing older material with a heavy dose off the new album. They also strategically placed some softer, quieter pieces to give the show a nice dynamic balance. Mike Mangini...what can I say? Amazing, awe-inspiring, in-human! If you didnt hear about the "dramatic turn of events" which placed Mangini in this band only months before you would have no clue he hasnt been there from the start. Mike is a perfect match for this band, he's a musician of the highest caliber and I wish him all the best. His drumset is a work of art and he plays it like its an extention of his body. Must be seen to be believed.
    Enough gushing for now. I wish the band all the best for the remainder of the tour and as always, i wait anxiously for more! Later.

Joe.

bushmaster223's picture
on October 12, 2011 - 12:20pm

I saw the guys last night at the Mayo Center for Performing Arts in Morristown, NJ. Not only did they put on the best DT show I've ever seen, and I've been a fan since the beginning, but I also got to fufill a long time dream by meeting them. It was the thrill of a lifetime and a moment I will remember for the rest of my life. The guys in this band are not only 5 of the greatest musicians ever, they are also friendly and personable and easy to talk to. They don't enter a room with the untouchable air of "rock stars", they just walk in, 5 normal guys from New York City ready to meet their fans. If possible, I have even more respect and admiration now then I did before meeting them. Of course like most people in todays world, I dont have anywhere near $200 bucks to throw around carelessly and I suffered with a huge amount of guilt over this whole 'meet and greet' thing, but honestly, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, and I'm already making plans to be standing there again the next time they come to town.
The show was fun, their playing was impecable and they did a great job of balancing older material with a heavy dose off the new album. They also strategically placed some softer, quieter pieces to give the show a nice dynamic balance. Mike Mangini...what can I say? Amazing, awe-inspiring, in-human! If you didnt hear about the "dramatic turn of events" which placed Mangini in this band only months before you would have no clue he hasnt been there from the start. Mike is a perfect match for this band, he's a musician of the highest caliber and I wish him all the best. His drumset is a work of art and he plays it like its an extention of his body. Must be seen to be believed.
Enough gushing for now. I wish the band all the best for the remainder of the tour and as always, i wait anxiously for more! Later.

Joe.

Forum category: