Skip directly to content

Any Ideas on the "Four Events" on ADTOE

• Any Ideas on the "Four Events" on ADTOE
    October 2, 2011 - 5:45pm

Anyone have any ideas on the significance of the way that the songs are all grouped into four events on ADTOE? I believe the grouping is like this:

Event One:
    On The Backs of Angels
    Build Me Up, Break Me Down

Event Two:
    Lost Not Forgotten
    This Is The Life

Event Three:
    Bridges In the Sky
    Outcry

Event Four:
    Far From Heaven
    Breaking All Illusions
    Beneath The Surface

Hérus's picture
on October 2, 2011 - 5:45pm

Anyone have any ideas on the significance of the way that the songs are all grouped into four events on ADTOE? I believe the grouping is like this:

Event One:
On The Backs of Angels
Build Me Up, Break Me Down

Event Two:
Lost Not Forgotten
This Is The Life

Event Three:
Bridges In the Sky
Outcry

Event Four:
Far From Heaven
Breaking All Illusions
Beneath The Surface

Forum category: 
Hérus's picture

You're absolutely right! I never really thought to actually look at the vinyls, but there are only 2 or 3 songs on each side. I guess I had forgotten how much (or little as the case may be) you could actually fit on one side of an LP.

drop2d's picture

Yes... it's the vinyl sides.

Soulfire's picture

Well yes, if it came on 2 double sided vinyls then that would certainly be what it means. Did it come like that?

DTfan28's picture

Could it just mean the album sides? like each vinyl side is an event on it's own.. I mean, listening to their music IS like an event.. lol, but seriously maybe it means.. nothing?

Soulfire's picture

Oh wow thats cool. I had no idea lol. Sorry to jump down your throat

And I'm not sure tbh. I suppose you'd have to look at the lyrical content of each song, and figure out exactly what the "event" that is being "dramatically turned" is in each song. I can't tell u off the top of my head lol.

Hérus's picture

Here is a image with a partial listing:

[img]http://www.planetastroboy.com/images/ADTOE.jpg[/img]

Hérus's picture

It was on the back of the album cover with the box set where the songs were listed. I didn't see it on the CD box though. If I can figure out how to upload an attachment I have a picture of a portion of it.

Soulfire's picture

What's this stuff about four events?

Is that something u read from an interview somewhere..? :S

Soulfire's picture

Well there we go; no mystery after all lol.