Skip directly to content

To anyone who has listened to A Dramatic Turn of Events...

• To anyone who has listened to A Dramatic Turn of Events...
    September 9, 2011 - 10:48am

Is there any swearing at any point? I plan on blasting it through my speakers real loud when I get it, and my parents probably would not appreciate it if my younger siblings were to hear a swear word played loudly through my sound system. Yeah...

Ad134's picture
on September 9, 2011 - 10:48am

Is there any swearing at any point? I plan on blasting it through my speakers real loud when I get it, and my parents probably would not appreciate it if my younger siblings were to hear a swear word played loudly through my sound system. Yeah...

Forum category: 
IdoSC's picture

The closest thing to screaming vocals in this album are JLB's backing vocals in Build Me Up, Break Me Down's pre-chorus, and they're done exceptionally well. As far as lyrics are concerned, they're all beautifully written and there is no swearing whatsoever.

This album really feels like any other 90's DT album, with a slightly bigger emphasis on the metal side, but it really just compliments the progressive nature of the songs.

Scorpa65's picture

You can hear it online through their label. Which the site that is streaming it is in Germany. This is there best album yet. I am sooooo stoked to get a copy of my own.

millahh's picture

No swearing, but there are gratuitous grammatical errors ;)

Tetsuo Ishida's picture

"No cursing, no grunting, no DAY AFTER DAY. Just James' beautiful voice"

So good to know that!
The band was losing its own essence...
The new album brought that very good surprise!
I hope nevermore DT use the Cookie Monster vocals!

osmosis2259DTF's picture

No cursing, no grunting, no DAY AFTER DAY. Just James' beautiful voice :)

Ad134's picture

Fantastic guys, thanks, I will be playing ADTOE as loud as my sound system will allow.

[quote=DimitriusDTF]No, there's also no Cookie Monster vocals.[/quote]
This was - shamefully - one of my first thoughts when MP left DT. "Oh no, DT lost a founding member!" "Oh yes, no more growlies!"

AngelBackDTF's picture

You will be swearing loudly tho.....OH !@#$ this is awesome !!!

DimitriusDTF's picture

No, there's also no Cookie Monster vocals.

eviljust's picture

No.

JayOctavariumDTF's picture

nope

cyberdrummer's picture

No, not that I can recall.