Skip directly to content

Artwork of the new Album..

• Artwork of the new Album..
    October 20, 2011 - 9:02am

I like the new album cover artwork much and the booklet too, The cover showing the Dream Theater plane moving east while the lonley cycling guy on rope in another direction, and inside the booklit the poor guy is cycling towards a cliff edge and over sharks in the ocean, I wonder if the art somehow refers to Mike Portnoy departure.! A skilled guy giving us his back and moving towards the unknown..
    Who knows..
    Mahmoud Akoush.

makoush's picture
on October 20, 2011 - 9:02am

I like the new album cover artwork much and the booklet too, The cover showing the Dream Theater plane moving east while the lonley cycling guy on rope in another direction, and inside the booklit the poor guy is cycling towards a cliff edge and over sharks in the ocean, I wonder if the art somehow refers to Mike Portnoy departure.! A skilled guy giving us his back and moving towards the unknown..
Who knows..
Mahmoud Akoush.

Forum category: 
Soulfire's picture

This has been discussed before. It is not in any way intended to represent Mike Portnoy. Artist Hugh Syme designed the clown idea because he was given the working title of "Bridges in the Sky" to work with, and the band wanted a postive looking cover in contrast with previous, darker albums. Hence we now arrive with the clown on the unicycle in the sky on a breaking tightrope lol