Skip directly to content

Atlanta 2011

• Atlanta 2011
    September 9, 2011 - 12:22pm

Definitely looking forward to it! How's the venue?

craig11's picture
on September 9, 2011 - 12:22pm

Definitely looking forward to it! How's the venue?

Forum category: 
swneighbours's picture

Anyone have an extra ticket for sale, preferably in the balcony?

Also, anyone from Alabama who may want to carpool? I'm in the Birmingham area.

DTDT's picture

Wolfpacker, you nailed it. I'm right there with you although my teenage daughter won't be in attendance (perhaps if it wasn't a school night though!). Enjoy the show!!

Wolfpacker96's picture

[quote=DTDT]The crowd is super as everyone is there to see the band and appreciate the music, not get crazy and act like idiots.[/quote]

Well, I may be acting like an idiot! In a good way, of course. The kind of "idiot" that would embarrass my teenage stepdaughter. Head banging, fist pumping, singing, air guitar, and jumping around! Not the completely drunk out of his mind and throwing up on your girlfriend kind of idiot though. :) Might have seen me do that at a Metallica concert in the '80s, but, not so much now!

SomeFriedOkra's picture

I bought the VIP package and I'm psyched for this friggin concert

DTDT's picture

This will be my fourth time seeing DT, and the third time at The Tabernacle. It's a great venue. As others have said the sound is usually great and the view is even better. The crowd is super as everyone is there to see the band and appreciate the music, not get crazy and act like idiots.

I've never had the opportunity to meet the band, but I've enjoyed reading others comments on how great the guys are in person. I've been following them since I&W (had a little lull after the disappointing FII) so I'm glad to read that the setlists reflect offerings from almost all of their albums.

Can anyone else confirm the setlists that were listed in another post (alternating between two setlists)? I was hoping to hear Outcry and Breaking all Illusions, but I think that BAI is by far the most defining DT song on the new album.

Can't wait til next Wednesday!!

Wolfpacker96's picture

Front balcony in the middle, can't wait!

AngelBackDTF's picture

Let's get some positive energy flowing....Setlist C, Setlist C......

JamesEwt's picture

I enjoyed the venue on the Black Clouds tour. Even though I had a balcony seat, I chose to be part of the pulse and feel of the floor crowd. It was excellent.

AngelBackDTF's picture

Who else will be welcoming the Genie to "the Dirty South" ?

ZackZ86's picture

Ill be there! Def. my favorite venue for sure! I'm pretty stoked!

AngelBackDTF's picture

Probably one of the best in Atlanta. It is a renovated old church and has 3 balconies, but every seat has a great view unless you end up on one of the sides up near the stage. Sound is usually awesome. Reserved seats in the balconies, floor is general admission and past shows have been kind of a laid back crowd, so it is not too hard to wiggle your way right up in front of your favorite.

Oh yeah, the bars are in the auditorium, so if you need a drink, you can still watch the show while standing in line.