Skip directly to content

Awesome free compilation: "The New Generation of Prog"

• Awesome free compilation: "The New Generation of Prog"
    September 8, 2011 - 8:24pm

Hi everyone,

nice to see a new official DT message board. I'm sure everyone is busy digesting the new album, but once you find some free time, why not try some new prog bands for a change? :)

I put this compilation together with the full support of the bands and labels involved. It is meant as a promotional tool for the Generation Prog Festival 2011 that I'm staging in Nürnberg, Germany, in two weeks. But of course even people from the US or Australia who can't possibly make it to the festival can still enjoy these hand-picked songs and discover some great new bands in the process! :)

Tracklisting:

1. Haken – The Point Of No Return (11:26) – taken from Aquarius (Sensory Records, 2010)
    2. Relocator – Aavishkar (10:30) – taken from Relocator (2010)
    3. Effloresce – Sunset in the Snowdome (8:26) – taken from Shades of Fate (2009)
    4. Exivious – Waves Of Thought (6:24) – taken from Exivious (2009)
    5. Theory of Elements – In the End (6:39) – taken from Faces (2007)
    6. To-Mera – Earthbound [bonus track] (7:28) – taken from Earthbound (2009)
    7. Andromeda – Veil of Illumination (17:25) – taken from The Immunity Zone (Nightmare Records, 2008)

Total playing time: 68:18

So grab the free download (comes with a nice PDF booklet!) here:
    http://www.prog-sphere.com/2011/08/31/a-progstravaganza-special-the-new-...

All the best,
    Michael

Kyo6JM's picture
on September 8, 2011 - 8:24pm

Hi everyone,

nice to see a new official DT message board. I'm sure everyone is busy digesting the new album, but once you find some free time, why not try some new prog bands for a change? :)

I put this compilation together with the full support of the bands and labels involved. It is meant as a promotional tool for the Generation Prog Festival 2011 that I'm staging in Nürnberg, Germany, in two weeks. But of course even people from the US or Australia who can't possibly make it to the festival can still enjoy these hand-picked songs and discover some great new bands in the process! :)

Tracklisting:

1. Haken – The Point Of No Return (11:26) – taken from Aquarius (Sensory Records, 2010)
2. Relocator – Aavishkar (10:30) – taken from Relocator (2010)
3. Effloresce – Sunset in the Snowdome (8:26) – taken from Shades of Fate (2009)
4. Exivious – Waves Of Thought (6:24) – taken from Exivious (2009)
5. Theory of Elements – In the End (6:39) – taken from Faces (2007)
6. To-Mera – Earthbound [bonus track] (7:28) – taken from Earthbound (2009)
7. Andromeda – Veil of Illumination (17:25) – taken from The Immunity Zone (Nightmare Records, 2008)

Total playing time: 68:18

So grab the free download (comes with a nice PDF booklet!) here:
http://www.prog-sphere.com/2011/08/31/a-progstravaganza-special-the-new-...

All the best,
Michael

Forum category: 
Kyo6JM's picture

@aneksteve: So what did you think of the rest of these songs? :)

guitarob's picture

Thanks! I'll definitely give it a listen or three!

aneksteve's picture

Had a listen to this ,the first track `Veil of illusion` is rather good ,cant wait to hear the rest of the cd now
Steve.