Skip directly to content

Black Clouds disc 2 favorite?

• Black Clouds disc 2 favorite?
    May 7, 2012 - 5:43am

On disc 2 of the special edition of Black Clouds and Silver Linings which cover song is your favorite?
    The Dixie Dregs' Odyssey for me. Your opinion?

dtfan44's picture
on May 7, 2012 - 5:43am

On disc 2 of the special edition of Black Clouds and Silver Linings which cover song is your favorite?
The Dixie Dregs' Odyssey for me. Your opinion?

Forum category: 
comment's picture

[quote=dtfan44]On disc 2 of the special edition of [i]Black Clouds and Silver Linings [/i]which cover song is your favorite?
The Dixie Dregs' [i]Odyssey[/i] for me. Your opinion?[/quote]

This! Definitely my favorite of the 6 covers.

Ytsejam58's picture

I love them all
BCandSL was I think either my 2nd DT album after Images and Words The first disk wasn't really what I expected it to be but the second cover disc was epically awesome! That kind of bummed me out though because it showed me that they were better at doing other people's music than their own............ BUT
After that I got Octavarium and completely changed my mind on that statement.
I LOVE DT and All of Their Music!

cviens's picture

I enjoy them all, but I would rank them as such: [i]Stargazer[/i] first. LaBrie sounds killer on there and I'm a huge Ronnie James Dio fan to begin with. [i]Larks' Tongues in Aspic - Part II [/i] gets my second place. [i]To Tame A Land[/i] in third. [i]Take Your Fingers From My Hair[/i] comes fourth.[i]Odyssey[/i] comes fifth. The Queen medley comes last.

Invincible Psychotron's picture

[b]Hi,

My favorite track on 'Disc 2 - (Bonus Disc): Uncovered 2008 / 2009' is 'Stargazer' the "Rainbow" cover song. I just love it. James LaBrie sings with so much power and depth...it just blew me away the first time I heard it! Since I had pre-ordered the Deluxe Limited Collector's Edition Box Set...I had the privilege to download one cover song each week starting May 19th 2009 till the release of the album on June 23rd 2009. This was the first track that I heard and I was blown away. I do like 'Odyssey' too but my second favorite is 'To Tame a Land' the "Iron Maiden" cover song.

It was a little odd that this song wasn't added to the free download by the record company (Roadrunner Records) but it wasn't a disappointment since the album was released on that day i.e. June 23rd 2009. The only disappointment was that they did not release the artwork for 'To Tame a Land' whereas "Dream Theater" released the artwork for the rest of the songs. For me 'Tenement Funster / Flick of The Wrist / Lily of The Valley' artwork is the best of them all. The most weird artwork is for the song called 'Take Your Fingers From My Hair' the "Zebra" cover song. All in all it's a wonderful CD and is a must have for any hardcore "Dream Theater" fan out there!

DREAM THEATER ALL THE WAY \m/. CHEERS :) [/b]