Skip directly to content

Boo to Portnoy

• Boo to Portnoy
    September 20, 2011 - 1:30am

how are we suppose to respect and support Mike Portnoy when he does shit like this (lawsuit). he made his bed now its time to lie in it , you left Mike ,remember , yes the band survived without you , & are now shinning britter than ever,live with decision , move on, everyone else did,

stratman 72's picture
on September 20, 2011 - 1:30am

how are we suppose to respect and support Mike Portnoy when he does shit like this (lawsuit). he made his bed now its time to lie in it , you left Mike ,remember , yes the band survived without you , & are now shinning britter than ever,live with decision , move on, everyone else did,

Forum category: 
octavarium41889's picture

yup. things pretty much got out of control. sucks so much it had to end this way. chances for a DT reunion with mike is about as likely as world peace.

Sephiros's picture

We can all beat around the bush and dress it up however we like but the bottom line is this. Portnoy is a great drummer yes, but he erred greatly when he left Dream Theater to try and get into A7X. We can all deny it's true but we all know the fact is he DID WANT to get into A7X. Even A7X addressed the issue saying in interviews Portnoy made it sound as if he wanted to be a permanent member which was never their plan. I remember in one interview with Eddie Trunk Portnoy even responded to a question "what will you do now that you're not in DT" and he replied "Well, I'm a drummer without a band and A7X is a band without a drummer so right now we're gonna see where that goes."

Well guess what? That road ended in a pile of shit and when it did he tried to get back into Dream Theater. What was the members of DT supposed to do? Tell Mangini to try and get his job back. Tell Mangini "Oh we were just kidding, Portnoy wants back in!" HELL NO! They all went through considerable pain as artists and basically family members of Portnoy. They were brothers and Portnoy was the one who turned his back trying to get into a mainstream studio polish band.

Then he says "I tried to get back in but they said no, actually JP's lawyers had to tell me!" Well of course! He tries to make it sound like DT are the villains for not letting him back in.

And now Portnoy is trying to sue? Well I'm sorry Mr. Portnoy that your Adrenaline mob shows can barely get into the 100's (with some in California allegedly having less than 100, hence the reason they cancelled the Vegas show, unless you believe the tour bus not working bull sh*t). You f*ed up. You left your brothers with your lame excuses of "We need a break." 5 years is a f*ing long time to sit on your hands especially when all 4 other members of the greatest band ever are so eager to hit the studio and continue doing what they love to do.

My theory is Portnoy ran out of money and needs to generate some extra cash.

This has been a dramatic turn of events, but DT has moved on, and Portnoy is playing the drama queen card. I've been a die hard DT fan since Six Degrees. I balled my eyes out uncontrollably when Portnoy left and tried to believe it was for the reasons he said (although now I don't believe them anymore). But this is crossing the line. I have no feelings for Portnoy anymore, he's dead to me.

Maybe he should write another AA suite series of songs about whoring yourself out to other bands and resisting the "tempation" to go mainstream and sell out your friends, family and fans.

Have fun "waiting in the depths of isolation" Mr. Portnoy. You've lost me as a fan, amongst many more I'm sure.

(And saying "I can't talk about it cause of legal reasons" DOESN'T FUCKING CUT IT! STEP UP TO THE GOD DAMNED PLATE AND TAKE A LITTLE OWNERSHIP OVER YOUR F*ING MISTAKES!