Skip directly to content

Breaking All Illusions

• Breaking All Illusions
    September 13, 2011 - 5:05am

My ten year old daughter hears me play the youtube clip almost daily. After receiving the digital download yesterday, she walked into the living room while "Breaking All Illusions" was cranked. Her eyes got big when she recognized the chorus. She said, "Is this the new Dream Theater album??? It's finally out?!?" I explained that it was finally available. She ran over to the SoundDock and started the iPod back at track #1. What a kid ;)

craig11's picture
on September 13, 2011 - 5:05am

My ten year old daughter hears me play the youtube clip almost daily. After receiving the digital download yesterday, she walked into the living room while "Breaking All Illusions" was cranked. Her eyes got big when she recognized the chorus. She said, "Is this the new Dream Theater album??? It's finally out?!?" I explained that it was finally available. She ran over to the SoundDock and started the iPod back at track #1. What a kid ;)

Forum category: 
dongringo's picture

Very cool kid indeed. :)

Acid Rain Puppy's picture

There are so many "Dream Theater discovery" threads that start, "Well my old man was really into Yes...."

If she sticks with DT, that is excellent. But no matter what, she has a good starting point. I hope my (3-year-old) daughter at least gets a good musical vocabulary from me. Good ammo against bad music when they're older. GOOD JOB, SIR!!!