Skip directly to content

Budakon on blu-ray

• Budakon on blu-ray
    October 16, 2011 - 6:38pm

As anyone seen any information on this release? Amazon only shows that it is one disc and that it has "DTS". I know a blu-ray can hold a lot of information, but why doesn't it state "DTS Master Audio"? Then again, I see that the recent Yes blu-ray doesn't state that in the Product Discription, but it appears to have DTS Master Audio (i.e. uncompressed, so called "HD Audio"). Seems kind of pointless to buy it (even for the $16.99 at best buy) if they didn't upgrade the sound. I don't have a huge HDTV, so I'm not sure the video alone is enough to upgrade.

Also wondering about the special features? Can they cram all of them onto one blu-ray and have HD Audio? Of course, they could compress the video, but.....

How about redoing the Metropolis DVD onto blu-ray, PLEASE!!! That one just sounds bad compared to even the LIVETime DVD. Hopefully they can remix it into surround sound.

Wolfpacker96's picture
on October 16, 2011 - 6:38pm

As anyone seen any information on this release? Amazon only shows that it is one disc and that it has "DTS". I know a blu-ray can hold a lot of information, but why doesn't it state "DTS Master Audio"? Then again, I see that the recent Yes blu-ray doesn't state that in the Product Discription, but it appears to have DTS Master Audio (i.e. uncompressed, so called "HD Audio"). Seems kind of pointless to buy it (even for the $16.99 at best buy) if they didn't upgrade the sound. I don't have a huge HDTV, so I'm not sure the video alone is enough to upgrade.

Also wondering about the special features? Can they cram all of them onto one blu-ray and have HD Audio? Of course, they could compress the video, but.....

How about redoing the Metropolis DVD onto blu-ray, PLEASE!!! That one just sounds bad compared to even the LIVETime DVD. Hopefully they can remix it into surround sound.

Forum category: 
Andreas Cambrand's picture

I actually didn't have the DVD version so this is truly great. My BD should arrive monday at lunch, can't wait. :)

AJBaxter's picture

Received my copy this morning.
The sound has improved loads, everything sounds thicker and clearer, and that's just on standard audio through a 2.1. Yet to put it through the 5.1 downstairs. That'll happen later.

The picture quality is also a lot crisper.
You tend to notice more on the close ups.

Well worth buying, even if you've got the DVD version.

Wolfpacker96's picture

Whoooo! Thanks for the info. And for the $16.99 best buy price, that's just unreal. I hope that my local Best Buy has it in stock, but I'm not holding my breath. Music section at BB keeps getting smaller and smaller. Amazon still has the DVD listed at $24 I think. Crazy.

Seeing them tomorrow night in Atlanta and this would be an excellent warm-up!

Andreas Cambrand's picture

I'm definitely getting this but I must say that I'd love to see Score released on Blu-ray.

AJBaxter's picture

I've just ordered my copy. Love the DVD version, so owning the Blu Ray is a must for me.

leSpring's picture

I just got my copy of the Budokan bluray a few days back.

It definitely contains DTS Master Audio sound (as well as regular 5.1. dolby surround) and it sounds incredible, just perfect. Also of course the image quality is amazing and it's a pure pleasure to enjoy and actually live that special concert on bluray. It really feels like you're actually at the concert minus the sweaty people around you! :)

It's only one disc and contains exactly the same extras and stuff as the dvd (except if there's something missed which I haven't found yet... :) ), I don't yet know about the sound and image quality of the extras, haven't had time to watch them yet.

Anyway, for anybody with a halfway decent home cinema it's absolutely worth to "upgrade" the Budokan-dvd to bluray! :)