Skip directly to content

Cincinnati Show!!!

• Cincinnati Show!!!
    June 27, 2012 - 5:40am

Went to the Taft theater in Cincy with my son for his first concert and our first meet & greet. The show was amazing!!! They sounded great ,they played with emotion and intensity, frankly ,that I haven't seen them do before.At the meet & greet they were friendly, and gracious to my son,making comments about his hair. He's 10 years old with a mohawk. On stage J. Petrucci made a face at him at the end of the show. The energy in the first 1/2 hour was just unbelievable!!!
    One of the highlights and funny points was when J. Petrucci was behind J. Labrie , James didnt know and turned quickly and fell and stayed down and sang . John quickly laid next to him and continued to play,both lying on the stage . The crowd loved this.

If I may say I am a big Portnoy fan , and was reluctant what this band would be without him,but there is little doubt in mind that they maybe , are better. The atmosphere on stage seemed to be alot more fun to the band . There was kidding and joking and real emotion. MIKE MANGINI you are an animal !!!
    The band acknowledged ,that they haven't been to Cincy in a while and said they'd be back. I hope so , I will be there.

THANKS GUYS!!!! for giving me and my son an incredible evening. One I think we'll remember the rest of our lives!!!!

And PLEASE return to Cincy!!!!

ConstantDEVotion's picture
on June 27, 2012 - 5:40am

Went to the Taft theater in Cincy with my son for his first concert and our first meet & greet. The show was amazing!!! They sounded great ,they played with emotion and intensity, frankly ,that I haven't seen them do before.At the meet & greet they were friendly, and gracious to my son,making comments about his hair. He's 10 years old with a mohawk. On stage J. Petrucci made a face at him at the end of the show. The energy in the first 1/2 hour was just unbelievable!!!
One of the highlights and funny points was when J. Petrucci was behind J. Labrie , James didnt know and turned quickly and fell and stayed down and sang . John quickly laid next to him and continued to play,both lying on the stage . The crowd loved this.

If I may say I am a big Portnoy fan , and was reluctant what this band would be without him,but there is little doubt in mind that they maybe , are better. The atmosphere on stage seemed to be alot more fun to the band . There was kidding and joking and real emotion. MIKE MANGINI you are an animal !!!
The band acknowledged ,that they haven't been to Cincy in a while and said they'd be back. I hope so , I will be there.

THANKS GUYS!!!! for giving me and my son an incredible evening. One I think we'll remember the rest of our lives!!!!

And PLEASE return to Cincy!!!!

Forum category: 
TastesFreyed's picture

Sorry to revive an old thread, but a thought just struck me.

Cincy show was amazing and I loved every minute of it!

I've been to a few DT shows and heard "A Fortune In Lies" at least once or twice live, but they played it like double tempo at this concert! It was amazing!

Is this something new for this tour or was this a Cincy concert thing?

luanneadams's picture

@Psygnosis99: Thank you. I cannot wait! Happy 4th.

perryKIDjh's picture

Here is the video of James Labrie tripping and falling over John Petrucci --->>> [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBMiMfYEhnA]James Labrie tripping and falling over John Petrucci...[/url]

Psygnosis99's picture

Luanne, you get a gift bag to carry everything in! Its not big enough to hold the poster they sign, but last october in Austin i was able to return to my car to drop off all our goodies before the show

luanneadams's picture

My family & I will meet them next week. We can't wait! I do ask your advice, if I may? Are the special items from the Meet & Greet already in a bag or should we bring our own? I can't thank you enough!:

Psygnosis99's picture

I completely agree with the original poster on every count! My lady and I saw them in Austin last Oct, meet and greet. They are simply electric on stage now more than any other show i had been to. Much deserved respect to MP, but the band has a fresh sense of energy now!

DrShred's picture

5 hours south. Western Kentucky. The seats were good, I could everything really well. The crowd wasn't as rocking as the floor was though.

hazard_pay's picture

Loved the hawk!

flat6turboGT1's picture

5 hours from which direction?

How was the crowd up in the balcony?

Taft is awesome. I saw G3 there (with Petrucci) a few years back and was happy to have a reason to go see a show there again :D

DrShred's picture

That's the first time I've been to The Taft Theater. Great venue! I had a seat up in C section balcony and had a great view. This was my first Dream Theater show and it was well worth the 5 hour drive! It was incredible, and I was so happy I got to meet some of the band!

I saw the mohawk! It was rad!

flat6turboGT1's picture

Agree! We were sitting a few rows behind you in Orchestra 3. Sounds like this show was one of the better fan turnouts in Ohio too, so hopefully Cincy makes the cut next tour :)