Skip directly to content

Cool new site!

• Cool new site!
    September 8, 2011 - 7:42pm

Finally DT fans have an official home to discuss DT. It's been a while since the previous forums were shut down (when was that, back before Octavarium? I still have fond memories of people claiming to have "bought the album", saying their copy of the song Octavarium was like only 5 minutes long, but the truth was they illegally downloaded James Labries solo album thinking it was DT. Lol)

Let's keep thiis forum open this time around folks!

SilentFury007's picture
on September 8, 2011 - 7:42pm

Finally DT fans have an official home to discuss DT. It's been a while since the previous forums were shut down (when was that, back before Octavarium? I still have fond memories of people claiming to have "bought the album", saying their copy of the song Octavarium was like only 5 minutes long, but the truth was they illegally downloaded James Labries solo album thinking it was DT. Lol)

Let's keep thiis forum open this time around folks!

Forum category: 
br1gh7n4ry's picture

New website is just pretty cool yeah!

newmarko's picture

VERY GOOD LOOKING site..... i'm glad that i'm in..... thx... \m/

dongringo's picture

Love the new digs!

carl320's picture

[quote=ChinoDTF][quote=DimitriusDTF]Members from the original DT.net/bb represent![/quote]

Raises hand[/quote]

Iridit Schmedley's picture

Great DT! Nice new form of webdesign! It's full of air, comfortable navigation, fast loading because of absence a lot of animation, and there's nothing unnecesary on the pages) everythig is ordered and reflecting the conception of the new album! I love IT) GREAT GUYS! GO ON! ))))))))))))))))))))))))

Tvojavec's picture

The new site looks great . . . love it :)

Zekadrums's picture

Finally....

guitarob's picture

Thanks for the new forum! It's good to be back on the official band site!

Razor792's picture

Loving the look of the new site, can't wait to get hold of the new album. Not long to wait now.

ginevra's picture

I really love this design. Good job, guys :)

openupandsay's picture

New website is nice looking, but I miss all the content of the old DT.net, such as the individual band member pages for their side projects. The new Links page doesn't even promote YtseJam Records, nor does the new Discography page promote the Ytse releases, which are in fact DT releases. And the Bio page is so PR blah, blah, blah. I'd rather ready Wikipedia's DT page. What we have here is just another Roadrunner Records website. A little too corporate for me. I miss the indie feel of the previous website. Oh well, I liked the website for about the 5 seconds I was judging it by it's homepage; but now that I'm diving into its limited content, I'm disappointed. At least the new album sounds better than the last.

ChinoDTF's picture

[quote=DimitriusDTF]Members from the original DT.net/bb represent![/quote]

Raises hand

DimitriusDTF's picture

Members from the original DT.net/bb represent!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻'s picture

^ Don't hate.

I'm Not Nate's picture

[quote=SilentFury007]Except I just realized after confirming my email address, I received an email welcoming me to The Lenny Kravitz mailing list... Yuck...[/quote]
Lenny Kravitz is great, don't hate. Recent albums are more consistent than Dream Theater's.

alegratis's picture

Hmm.. apparently I'm also in Lenny Kravitz mailing list...

millahh's picture

So is there a way to hide signatures?

Algo Fonix's picture

I gotta echo the sentiment that it's nice having the DT.net forums back.

Now let's see if my avatar and signature are updated...

millahh's picture

Changed avatar and signature...does it apply when I make a new post?

millahh's picture

Well, hello...

DeanTheaterDTF's picture

Alot of buzz. Feels nice and Familiar. I like it alot! Great to have the thread back. Thanks to whomever finally put it together

CrimsonSunriseDTF's picture

Hello Kitty....... Looking good DT.net

ImplodeDTF's picture

This site looks great! It'll be interesting to see what happens here!

Rob Pond's picture

[quote=SkydivingNinja]Rob, hiatuses from you are not permitted. The Internet needs you to keep some semblance of sanity. [/quote] I'm flattered, but you'll live!

Either way! Brand spanking new board, would be remiss of me not to put my stake in the ground. Howdy newbies!

Also, your avatar kind of kicks several different shades of ass. Just thought you should know.

SkydivingNinja's picture

Rob, hiatuses from you are not permitted. The Internet needs you to keep some semblance of sanity.

therealac's picture

Glad to see DT.net got a makeover! And a shiny new forum!

Rob Pond's picture

[quote=black_floydDTF][quote=Rob Pond]Yeah, fancied a bit more anonymity. I keep going back and forth on the whole username thing, and have since instantly decided that Pond is a bit lame, but hey! Howdy![/quote]

As of now you can change your username by going into your profile and making sure to verify the change by entering your password if you've got cold feet about your new name.[/quote]Crikey, you've been busy! That would've taken me years - took a good ten minutes just to work out how to get an avatar. Hiding the "settings" away at the top, sneaky little hobbitses. Cheers a billion!

I'll hold with it for now. I like the balance of anonymity and, er, nonymity, and it's the best thing I could think of in two minutes. The Doctor Who reference doesn't hurt, either. Don't know how long it'll last, though - nice to know I'm not tied down to it!

black_floydDTF's picture

[quote=Rob Pond]Yeah, fancied a bit more anonymity. I keep going back and forth on the whole username thing, and have since instantly decided that Pond is a bit lame, but hey! Howdy![/quote]

As of now you can change your username by going into your profile and making sure to verify the change by entering your password if you've got cold feet about your new name.

Rob Pond's picture

[quote=black_floydDTF][quote=Rob Pond]Ack - not [i]four days[/i] after I fired up another of my sporadic DTF hiatuses, this pops up. It's almost like Dream Theater [i]want[/i] people discussing them!

Ah well, here now. I'll probably hang around here for a few days just to warm up my account. Also, I apparently missed the memo where everyone's putting DTF after their names. Whoops.[/quote]

Lol. It ain't obligatory but just a little show of team spirit from those of us whom also are members at

http://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/

Oh never mind. Between your omission of the "webster" and the fact that your avatar had yet to display, I didn't realize it was you. Welcome mate![/quote]Yeah, fancied a bit more anonymity. I keep going back and forth on the whole username thing, and have since instantly decided that Pond is a bit lame, but hey! Howdy!

jeffbroussard's picture

Hope to see some old faces as well. I was here as Anjohl Tennan and on the Portnoy website.

Great to have the forum back!

Pages