Skip directly to content

depressed

• depressed
    November 26, 2011 - 1:25am

I suffer from severe depression and i am feeling really awful any recommendations on any dt songs to help thanks

tom69's picture
on November 26, 2011 - 1:25am

I suffer from severe depression and i am feeling really awful any recommendations on any dt songs to help thanks

Forum category: 
Philba1966's picture

DT's music really is instrumental in helping me manage my depression, along with meds and talk-therapy. Exercise doesn't hurt either (well, maybe a little once the old bones get a creaking!). I've had three separate stints now where I've gone for meds, quit after a while and had to get back on them as the lows are just too low to handle.

Awake and SFaM are great pick-me-ups...I love running to Awake & hopping in the car playing SFaM to snap out of it. Count of Tuscany is a great (the music is beautiful!) and the covers after it are just fun. SC, though a bit darker, is a good energy source and can get me pumped to do things when I just feel like curling up in a ball on the couch.

Best of luck to you!

[b][i]This is the life I belong to[/i][/b]

Phrygian Sunshine's picture

Wishing you days of happiness and bright blessings.

Love & light...

tom69's picture

Thank u for your suggestions they really helped you are the best

ILPower's picture

Man, unfortunatly I know what is that, it's really a pain in the ass..get your meds in time, don't fail anything, because if you do, you won't get better! And listen to songs that brings you up, not ballads!!

Wish it goes away real soon bro!

Hugs

Soulfire's picture

[quote=Fiat Lux]Get some meds. Music won't help with severe depression. If your meds aren't working, go back to the doc and get different or stronger meds. Depression is unbearable but can be treated effectively. Don't leave it to chance.

cheers[/quote]

Well yes, that of course. We're just offering some musical pick-me-ups man. I too have suffered from depression in the past. Music was definitely a big help that's for sure :D

Ytsejam58's picture

Personally some of their songs can be considered "feel good" songs. Hell's Kitchen, Wither, Surrounded, I Walk Beside You, I like Prophet's of War because it sounds like queen.

Fiat Lux's picture

Get some meds. Music won't help with severe depression. If your meds aren't working, go back to the doc and get different or stronger meds. Depression is unbearable but can be treated effectively. Don't leave it to chance.

cheers

Phrygian Sunshine's picture

I Walk Beside You

Soulfire's picture

The Answer Lies Within

Alber's picture

Breaking All Illusions maybe