Skip directly to content

Discovered you 20 YEARS AGO AND NOW? I'm 51.

• Discovered you 20 YEARS AGO AND NOW? I'm 51.
    March 22, 2012 - 8:59am

Just wanted to thank you guyz so much for perfecting the art of music in my opinion, on a scientific level, I consider you guys Music Scientists, on par with Yes and other Prog-Rock and fusion guys. But you transcend even that, with your genre-crossing skills, like no other.

You've enhanced my life in so many innumerable ways, only the way incredible virtuoso-class music can, with your heart-felt, consciousness oriented, kick *)*ing ass music!

I feel that I "get" your music completely and every time I hear a DT track it blows me away, fills me with an incredible amount of positivie energy, and, hopefully, you'll NEVER STOP.

I'm 51 now. I got turned on to your band well over 20 years ago (I actually think before that) and I should've listened to my friend way back when, when he told me "you're missing out on an amazing experience only they can give you".... I shoulda listened!

When I was in my mid 40's, I heard Count of Tuscany (Thanks John you're.. well, unbelievable), and it nearly ripped my heart out with emotion and musical energy, the resonance I felt with the song, and with what you were trying to say (that you had a scary experience to say the least :) ) And you do all your music with the tightest, most synchronized, and skillful compositions created, with your badd-ass riffs on the planet, period, bar none.

When I hear you guys formed in LI, that blew my mind even more! Born in Bronx and raised in Queens, I was hoping you'd come back home to give me hte priviledge of hearing you guys live which I've never had the pleasure of experiencing. Bummer. Anyway...

Thanks again, thanks beyond words that only music can talk to, and I mean that.

bodycode's picture
on March 22, 2012 - 8:59am

Just wanted to thank you guyz so much for perfecting the art of music in my opinion, on a scientific level, I consider you guys Music Scientists, on par with Yes and other Prog-Rock and fusion guys. But you transcend even that, with your genre-crossing skills, like no other.

You've enhanced my life in so many innumerable ways, only the way incredible virtuoso-class music can, with your heart-felt, consciousness oriented, kick *)*ing ass music!

I feel that I "get" your music completely and every time I hear a DT track it blows me away, fills me with an incredible amount of positivie energy, and, hopefully, you'll NEVER STOP.

I'm 51 now. I got turned on to your band well over 20 years ago (I actually think before that) and I should've listened to my friend way back when, when he told me "you're missing out on an amazing experience only they can give you".... I shoulda listened!

When I was in my mid 40's, I heard Count of Tuscany (Thanks John you're.. well, unbelievable), and it nearly ripped my heart out with emotion and musical energy, the resonance I felt with the song, and with what you were trying to say (that you had a scary experience to say the least :) ) And you do all your music with the tightest, most synchronized, and skillful compositions created, with your badd-ass riffs on the planet, period, bar none.

When I hear you guys formed in LI, that blew my mind even more! Born in Bronx and raised in Queens, I was hoping you'd come back home to give me hte priviledge of hearing you guys live which I've never had the pleasure of experiencing. Bummer. Anyway...

Thanks again, thanks beyond words that only music can talk to, and I mean that.

Forum category: 
duchifat's picture

Hi there,

I'm not 51 but getting there, 46. discovered DT a few years back and it changed my musical life/ my kids would say it changed my whole life. maybe because of your age, i like what you wrote, i feel the same.