Skip directly to content

Do you plan on making this your new DT forum home?

• Do you plan on making this your new DT forum home?
    September 9, 2011 - 12:37am

Over the past couple years, we DT fans have either been posting at DTF.org, JLB.com, JP.com, MP.com, Fiveeightforums.com or elsewhere. Now that the band have their own forum again, what do you guys plan on doing?

I mostly post at DTF and *kinda* post at 5/8, so I'll probably keep most of my activity at since I already have a lot of friendships there anyway (especially at the former). But hey, if everyone migrate over here then who knows.

Perpetual Change's picture
on September 9, 2011 - 12:37am

Over the past couple years, we DT fans have either been posting at DTF.org, JLB.com, JP.com, MP.com, Fiveeightforums.com or elsewhere. Now that the band have their own forum again, what do you guys plan on doing?

I mostly post at DTF and *kinda* post at 5/8, so I'll probably keep most of my activity at since I already have a lot of friendships there anyway (especially at the former). But hey, if everyone migrate over here then who knows.

Forum category: 
Jedizen07's picture

Still here. Still loving it!

Hprog's picture

Well, my home back from 1999 till 2003 or so was the #DT chat. Some friends I've made there remain friends with me to this day, which is amazing!

Apart from that, I didn't register at any of the forums until just some 2 years ago, when I started posting at JLB's forum and that has been actually my home. We're a nice small community there and we mostly post in respectful terms. When this new DT forum came out, I registered here and just a little later I registered at DTF. I can see that DTF is quite active and that makes it hard to follow for me, so I have just participated in a few threads and don't keep much track.

Let's see how this official forum flows, but for now, I like having the JLB's forum as my home :)

KirksNoseHair_2's picture

[quote=Perpetual Change]Well, I've been unceremoniously banned from dreamtheaterforums.org, so I guess that does make this my new home, doesn't it :p

Well there's 5/8 too, I guess. Ah well... [/quote]

I don't "get" the 5/8 forum. I was perma-banned from Portnoy's forum a couple of weeks ago, so I've migrated to DTF, and I've seen you around over there, WTF happened? How did you get whacked? :p

Ultimetalhead's picture

I might as well start building a presence here for when DTF eventually drives me mad.

Keysman's picture

I will be on here and on Voices U.K. :)

Perpetual Change's picture

Well, I've been unceremoniously banned from dreamtheaterforums.org, so I guess that does make this my new home, doesn't it :p

Well there's 5/8 too, I guess. Ah well...

carl320's picture

I'll continue to spend a majority of my time on DTF, but will come over here occasionally to see what's up.

Jedizen07's picture

I will be completely honest here: My orginal home was mikeportnoy.com only. Simply because I could interact with other music/health/bike fanatics like myself. I had to leave that forum because I just didn't have the free time like I used to.

But I had to close the account because I was just too busy ( I have a seventh month old that requires LOTS of time-haha ). Then a few days after that, I read about the " lawsuit " situation between Portnoy and DT. And I read it from several different sites ( and not just blabbermouth ). As a result I then became livid with Portnoy.

I am a musician and have been in some unfortuante " disputes " with some of my former members. And I know what it feels like when a former band mate comes after you for nonsense situations. I never had to deal with lawsuits but I came close. It doesn't matter if someone says it's only " business. " This is not true. When you have to deal with people in any situation it is always personal. Just because you get it in writing ( Steve Morse's words ) doesn't always hold up in some people's eyes.

So I'm glad DT took the high road. In fact, now that I have a little more time ( and my family now understands what music means to me ) I am going to be a lifetime board member here.

Here's to my new home!!

cybergoober's picture

Well I have never been a very active poster; on the old bb, dt.net, dtf.org etc…

I'm sure I'll poke my head in occasionally to see what's going on, but with me going back to school next month I don't see myself having much time to spend here.

Cool to see some familiar screen names from way back when

mark55's picture

Heck yeah I like this place.

reo73's picture

Seeing as how I got myself banned from DTF.org the answer is Yes, I will be here some though I may hang out at JPs forum more often. I think i had an account on the official site a number of years back but only posted a few times if I remember correctly.

Crash_of_Doom's picture

I had an account on the board on the site here before it was taken down. I had an account on the MP forum, but i was banned after three (in my eyes) stupid warnings and i didn't bother to sign up again afterwards. It was also in the entire soap opera period and i didn't post that much since the time i signed up (800 posts since 2004 or so). I lurk there once every day or so, but it never felt like a home or so. Too much members and too much posts. I think i'm going to stay away from it for a while, this soap just took an even more dramatic turn of events and i don't want to get dragged into it. So, this is a safe harbour haha

ejvisje's picture

I'm registered at MP.com, mainly for interesting DT-news from MP. Since he left DT, I checked DTF but never actually registered over there.
Now that there is a new DT.net board, it might be fun to make this my kind of 'DT-home'. :)

Spiderman_00's picture

Hey right back at ya!! :D

Oblivion Ocean's picture

Helloooooooooooooooooooooo

Cecilia 's picture

Hi Frank!! I certainly have missed reading your posts!

Hi all MP forumers! :)

Spiderman_00's picture

Who missed me??? Hahahaha!!!

:D

octavarium41889's picture

I went to MP.com since 2006 and my account somehow got banned a couple years ago. I rarely posted and NEVER said or did anything that could have gotten me banned. I just went on and stayed a lurker on there just to keep up with things. After what i have heard today regarding Portnoy...I can't even begin to explain how disappointed i am.

anyways i am here now and looking forward to a forum in the way that MP.com USED to be.

StrainOfThought's picture

Moving here from the MP Forum. Not sure how long that place will go on as is.

Orbert's picture

It's been a few weeks now they still haven't done jack about the software here. Honestly, how can you frequent boards where you can't even go to the first new post in a thread, or follow specific threads? Do people come here and literally scan every single post in every single thread? Because I can't see any alternative.

Okay, I just clicked on my profile to see if there's any way to find my posts that way. It says I haven't been hit by the muse yet, no board_posts found. Whatever that means. It also says I have six posts.

zedsdead's picture

Yes. The MP Forum just isn't what it used to be.

weezul's picture

MP.com'er here.. but to be honest yes it's a bit of a buzzkill over there. Many pettie arguments and to be honest a lot of elitist threads about audio and production which sort of get on my nerves a bit. I like it here so far :) I do also visit DTF a little, since last year really.

BigBunny's picture

yes, because i didn't have a DT board before this. though i am registered on petrucci's board :)

KirksNoseHair_2's picture

It depends on how much bacon there is here.

Lightweight's picture

MP.com has all the drama. I mean it's fucking ridiculous how every statement by MP or DT will be analyzed for 16 pages and turned into something it's not.

JP's forum is quite nice with calm yet interesting people. I guess the good part with MP.com is that forumers are creative and post links and videos etc. I'm currently banned for mentioning that the DT album leaked a couple of days before release, not encouraging anyone to find it. Harsh is harsh :)

WDADU's picture

I will be spending just as much time here as I do at DTF.org. I've been there since it opened up, so it's hard to just abandon it. I mean, sure, this is the official board again, but it's the people and the topics at hand (Dream Theater-releated, or not) that make a board unique.

lak89's picture

I can see myself posting here quite often.

AnotherWon's picture

Yes I will!

I want to make sure that all my comments are directly related to DT. They are my favorite band and i want my comments to directly relate to the record company, managment and most importantly the band members.

I am loving this newest album (as all the others) and am looking forward to many more years of music and concerts from DT!

TuscanCountess's picture

I think I will make this my home. I like the layout and the people.

Catcher10's picture

I will visit this site often.....but I prefer multi-facet site like ProgArchives since my music styles vary so much.

Pages