Skip directly to content

A Dramatic Turn Of Events

• A Dramatic Turn Of Events
    December 7, 2011 - 2:38am

Guys amazing album, but i feel miss of the instrumental songs. Guys, i think what have to do the song what you likes. Not the record recommends. Yours have to play your songs with liberty. Im suspect to speak about DT. But Liquid Tension Experiment can't die. Its amazing band with the psychodelic song. Incridible bass, drums, keyboards, guitars. I really love Liquid Tension and when the band came to brazil, please play acid rain. Thanks guys for your music. Are the other planet, not of the earth planet. Thanks guys for your music! Thanks band! Very thanks!!!!!!!

fb_daniel_de_campos_barbosa's picture
on December 7, 2011 - 2:38am

Guys amazing album, but i feel miss of the instrumental songs. Guys, i think what have to do the song what you likes. Not the record recommends. Yours have to play your songs with liberty. Im suspect to speak about DT. But Liquid Tension Experiment can't die. Its amazing band with the psychodelic song. Incridible bass, drums, keyboards, guitars. I really love Liquid Tension and when the band came to brazil, please play acid rain. Thanks guys for your music. Are the other planet, not of the earth planet. Thanks guys for your music! Thanks band! Very thanks!!!!!!!

Forum category: 
Gunner Jim's picture

DT.......56 yr old, retired Navy sailor, who has thoroughly enjoyed all the years of your music. Your latest album, specifically the song "Beneath the Surface", touched a chord deep within my soul. When I tell people about your group I think most folks don't appreciate the expertise of each instrument that is heard in every song. They also don't understand how gifted each of you are. I will miss Mike Portnoy, but Mike Mangini percussions are awesome.....and you haven't skipped a beat. Mike, thank you for joining DT!!!

John, John, James and Jordan......keep it going!! The best guitarist, the best bassist, the greatest vocals and the best keyboard!!!! You are what music is all about. I will continue sit on the edge of my seat, waiting for your next project.

Someday......I will have the privilege of hearing you in concert.....so many years at sea have not allowed to be home that much.....but one day, I will get there.

Bravo Zulu to your music, your band, your families!

Merry Christmas,

Jim

a1tered5tate's picture

A Dramatic TURN of Events indeed! I'm glad I bought that Iron Maiden ticket only to see the opening act at the Sleep Train Pavillion last year :) Portnoy will be missed, but the "memories (from my dozen live shows) carry on..."

Actually ordered this album as an early Xmas gift to myself... popped it into my system at home and noticed that the recording engineer gave LaBrie some extra richness in his lower register.. so whatever harmonic enhancer is in the chain, it is working well!

But 3 tracks in, I noticed something very different with the rhythm foundation. Switched to my headphone reference and it isn't Myung... At first I wondered if the drums were just being mic'ed way different than previous albums, then finally put it down to some 'missing space' between runs, or less lapsed time between strikes/fills... almost as if Portnoy got more aggro! Stopping at track 4 to muse....

Puzzled, in went the DVD... and the rest is history - what a shock! And I cannot share the band's heartbreak any less. Mangini has big shoes to fill, but his resume is simple amazing - wonder if my ex-drummer Joe Caputo studied under him at Berklee!

Big Kudos on the album! Bands that don't explore their musical inspirations (or grow, or change) don't survive - loving this change now! Now, to catch the new lineup live!