Skip directly to content

A Dramatic Turn Of Events Thread

• A Dramatic Turn Of Events Thread
    September 8, 2011 - 10:37pm

There is one on the other forum, and there should be one on here, I think. I'm super excited for it. It looks like it will be their best album since Scenes!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻'s picture
on September 8, 2011 - 10:37pm

There is one on the other forum, and there should be one on here, I think. I'm super excited for it. It looks like it will be their best album since Scenes!

Forum category: 
The Silent Cody's picture

I can't wait to get my copy today!!! :D :D :D

Bertielee's picture

[quote=ChinoDTF]Wait.... There is a new album coming out?[/quote]

Yep, here it's released on September 13th. Hope it will be there sooner though.

B.Lee

energythief's picture

All the reviews have me salivating. Bring on ADTOE!

Fear_Injection's picture

I'm loving this album, I can't wait to get my copy on the 13th!

I'm Not Nate's picture

SCENES

johncal's picture

[quote=Mosh]I mean, the best one since scenes. Implying that it will be better than everything since Scenes, not Scenes itself. Six Degrees will be the hardest to beat. [/quote]

That got me thinking. What would people say if ADTOE was released 10 years ago and SFAM just came out? Like the first Alien, Indianna Jones, etc. they were so good and so different that they left an everlasting impression on us. I mean when I first heard Scenes, it was totally different than anything I had ever heard before. That alone is tough to follow, but there definitely is some wild ass crap on the new one.

ChinoDTF's picture

Wait.... There is a new album coming out?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻'s picture

I mean, the best one since scenes. Implying that it will be better than everything since Scenes, not Scenes itself. Six Degrees will be the hardest to beat.

johncal's picture

[quote=Mosh]There is one on the other forum, and there should be one on here, I think. I'm super excited for it. It looks like it will be their best album since Scenes![/quote]

I don't think comparing it to Scenes is that easy. They're apples to oranges. SFAM is a theme album. While ADTOE does have a "theme" so to speak, they're all separate stories rather that one extended through the album. Now you throw in SDOIT, a theme/ not a theme double album, splitting the difference. However, I think all 3 are equally as good in their own way. Yes, I do think ADTOE is that good.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻'s picture

Luckily my shop gets the CD's early. In fact, they might have it already 0_0.

Rob Pond's picture

[quote=Ad134]My copy just got posted from Play.com. So excited, all of the reviews seem to suggest that we could be in for a real masterpiece here![/quote]Likewise! At about 2pm today, a little email notification popped up in the bottom right corner and I let out an involuntary squeal. Thank you, play.com!

I [i]really[/i] hope it arrives early. It won't arrive late - three postal days is plenty long enough (and in the unlikely event that it does arrive late, I'm trotting down to HMV) - but right now, each day is crawling past slower than the last. Muse's last album arrived a full weekend early and I was ecstatic. If I had to pick any album to arrive early, though, it'd be this one. It's absolutely agonising, this final stretch, and it's only going to get agonisinger. The thing's going to be absolutely fantastic.

fb_david_pain's picture

Wonder if HMV posted my pre-order yet...

Ad134's picture

My copy just got posted from Play.com. So excited, all of the reviews seem to suggest that we could be in for a real masterpiece here!

Pages