Skip directly to content

Dream Theater and the Occupy movement

• Dream Theater and the Occupy movement
    November 9, 2011 - 6:16am

17% of songs on Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence occupy 43% of the album.
    WE ARE THE FIRST FIVE SONGS! #OccupyDisc1ofSDoIT

:p

Brewtaco's picture
on November 9, 2011 - 6:16am

17% of songs on Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence occupy 43% of the album.
WE ARE THE FIRST FIVE SONGS! #OccupyDisc1ofSDoIT

:p

Forum category: 
Soulfire's picture

[quote=Deep_Blue]That explains why I didn't get this in the first place.

I have (well, had, until I read Andreas Cambrand's post) no idea of what the Occupy Movement is.[/quote]

Isn't there an Occupy movement in Mexico? :S

Geddy Petrucci's picture

Outcry does make a good anthem for it though.

Andreas Cambrand's picture

Oh yeah I knew it wasn't some math assignment, lol, but since Deep_Blue was wondering what the post was all about I just wanted to explain where the numbers came from and why it was a reference to the Occupy movement. ;)

Brewtaco's picture

[quote=Andreas Cambrand]If you count CD 2's [i]"Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence"[/i] as one song containing 8 movements rather than 8 separate songs the total amount of songs on the double CD is 6.

1 out of 6 is 16,666...7 % (~17%) and it's a little bit over 42 minutes long and given the fact the entire double CD is 99(ish) minutes long it means that this song (~17% of the songs on the album) takes up about 43% of the combined length while the majority of the songs (the other 83%) have to share what's left. The reference to the occupy movement would be that a small minority on earth controls almost the entire economy.

At least that's my theory. ^^;

[/quote]

correct! although i didnt expect people to actually do the math, i figured people would just kinda get the reference lol

Soulfire's picture

I don't think he really wanted you to ACTUALLY take the maths of that seriously man. Come on.

OP's post was entirely a reference to the Occupy movement, which unfortunatly seems to have died out a little bit now. All the Occupy protests now just seem a bit... dull.

Andreas Cambrand's picture

If you count CD 2's [i]"Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence"[/i] as one song containing 8 movements rather than 8 separate songs the total amount of songs on the double CD is 6.

1 out of 6 is 16,666...7 % (~17%) and it's a little bit over 42 minutes long and given the fact the entire double CD is 99(ish) minutes long it means that this song (~17% of the songs on the album) takes up about 43% of the combined length while the majority of the songs (the other 83%) have to share what's left. The reference to the occupy movement would be that a small minority on earth controls almost the entire economy.

At least that's my theory. ^^;