Skip directly to content

Dream Theater Live at Nokia Sunday 9/25

• Dream Theater Live at Nokia Sunday 9/25
    September 27, 2011 - 8:47pm

We travel to see Dream Theater every year from Arizona and have never been let down until now! Love the new CD, was so excited to see them and when they came on stage you could tell they had a new attitude and were tighter than ever. We had to leave after the 5 or 6 song, disappointed, angry and frustrated and I know several other left when we did. We were in the front orchestra row.
    When Trivium played we came out of the VIP room to check them out and was hit by a wall of low end so ridiculous you could hardly stand anywhere in the room. The theater doors were moving in and out to the kick drum. But knowing that opening bands never are mixed well we had hope that DT would sound great as usual. Instead we were hit with the same ungodly, obnoxious low end and poor sound as Trivium. It was so insanely loud and nothing but low end. We tried different parts of the room and all the same. You could hear nothing but drums, especially kick, and some keys, but never heard a note from John Myung and never heard John Petrucci until he soloed! I do not blame the band but blame the venue for allowing those volume levels and the sound crew, who have no excuse to leave the audio sounding that way. A complete waste of $300. At least we got to see the stage and see the bands new lease on life but I wish I could get my money back or see them again at a different venue. Oh well, try again next year.
    Chris

Wizard 1's picture
on September 27, 2011 - 8:47pm

We travel to see Dream Theater every year from Arizona and have never been let down until now! Love the new CD, was so excited to see them and when they came on stage you could tell they had a new attitude and were tighter than ever. We had to leave after the 5 or 6 song, disappointed, angry and frustrated and I know several other left when we did. We were in the front orchestra row.
When Trivium played we came out of the VIP room to check them out and was hit by a wall of low end so ridiculous you could hardly stand anywhere in the room. The theater doors were moving in and out to the kick drum. But knowing that opening bands never are mixed well we had hope that DT would sound great as usual. Instead we were hit with the same ungodly, obnoxious low end and poor sound as Trivium. It was so insanely loud and nothing but low end. We tried different parts of the room and all the same. You could hear nothing but drums, especially kick, and some keys, but never heard a note from John Myung and never heard John Petrucci until he soloed! I do not blame the band but blame the venue for allowing those volume levels and the sound crew, who have no excuse to leave the audio sounding that way. A complete waste of $300. At least we got to see the stage and see the bands new lease on life but I wish I could get my money back or see them again at a different venue. Oh well, try again next year.
Chris

Forum category: