Skip directly to content

"Dream Theater Live" website?

• "Dream Theater Live" website?
    October 12, 2011 - 3:43pm

OK, this has probably been asked and answered before, but I'm still relatively new to the community so I believe I'm allowed a couple of dumb questions and/or mulligans!

Metallica has their official "Live Metallica" website for downloading audio (not sure about video) of prior concerts. You can pay for select shows/dates or browse through some of their free posts (lower bit rate/quality). The best feature of the site however is the ability to download the actual show you attended for free once you log in and enter your ticket information. I have a 12/18/1983 Cleveland, OH show (free area) as well as the 1/18/2009 Boston, MA show I attended on my iPod and I often replay the latter. It's not that it was the best show I've seen, but it really helps bring back the little details and vivid memories of a pretty awesome night!

Is there such a "Dream Theater Live" site, or are there plans to enable something like that here? I'd LOVE to get a high-quality audio recording of my first (deinitely not last!) DT show. Follow-up question on video/DVD (just seems like the next step forward).

James mentioned possibly coming back to Boston for the 2nd US leg and it would be a great feature to have up-and-running by then! Thanks.

Philba1966's picture
on October 12, 2011 - 3:43pm

OK, this has probably been asked and answered before, but I'm still relatively new to the community so I believe I'm allowed a couple of dumb questions and/or mulligans!

Metallica has their official "Live Metallica" website for downloading audio (not sure about video) of prior concerts. You can pay for select shows/dates or browse through some of their free posts (lower bit rate/quality). The best feature of the site however is the ability to download the actual show you attended for free once you log in and enter your ticket information. I have a 12/18/1983 Cleveland, OH show (free area) as well as the 1/18/2009 Boston, MA show I attended on my iPod and I often replay the latter. It's not that it was the best show I've seen, but it really helps bring back the little details and vivid memories of a pretty awesome night!

Is there such a "Dream Theater Live" site, or are there plans to enable something like that here? I'd LOVE to get a high-quality audio recording of my first (deinitely not last!) DT show. Follow-up question on video/DVD (just seems like the next step forward).

James mentioned possibly coming back to Boston for the 2nd US leg and it would be a great feature to have up-and-running by then! Thanks.

Forum category: 
Philba1966's picture

The Live Metallica site isn't bootlegs...they're recordings of the actual shows done by their techs (they for fee ones anyway). They posted every show from their Death Magnetic tour and if you had a ticket (you keyed in one of the serial numbers from the ticket) you got your actual show free. Excellent quality too. You could pay for any other shows they had posted as well as some free lower-quality shows (possibly bootlegged).

Soulfire's picture

Well you can try the admins....

But I doubt its going to happen man. 99% of all DT bootleg material is owned and managed by Mike Portnoy through Ytse Jam Records. The only bootlegs you'd be able to get now would be from ADTOE onwards.

Philba1966's picture

See, with the crappy interface, I forgot I posted this!

I'd really like to see this happen in addition to the many improvements this site needs to make it a viable and ongoing community...who do I need to bug?

Soulfire's picture

No. There is www.ytsejamrecords.com where you can buy bootlegs, but other than that it's just youtube dude.