Skip directly to content

DREAM THEATER LOGO FONT: New Version! (After almost ten years)

• DREAM THEATER LOGO FONT: New Version! (After almost ten years)
    September 27, 2011 - 11:02pm

So, yeah. I happened to see a video under the official Dream Theater Youtube account that was using my font... incorrectly. And I decided I was sick of seeing people screw it up. So I dug up my old font tools and rehashed a new version from the old one, making a few little tweaks to it here and there, but basically, now, no matter what key you press, you get the entire logo (except the Y key, which still gives you the majesty symbol). I don't know why I didn't do it like this way back when I first designed it, or why I never bothered to fix it in all this time since, but whatever, today was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I never thought that the font would get as much widespread use as it has (several official DT channels have used it, from a video of Jordan's keyboard solo on the LSFNY CD to Youtube videos), but I figured I should take this contribution I've made to the community and update it so that it's as perfect as it can be.

There may be another update soon, as Tabs has said he's going to try and get me in touch with somebody so I can get a better version of the majesty symbol (the one in this font has always been slightly off from the real one). With luck, there will be a final version of this font soon.

So yes! Go download the new version (4.00, September 2011) from http://www.acvox.com/dtlogofont.zip today!

AndrewJC's picture
on September 27, 2011 - 11:02pm

So, yeah. I happened to see a video under the official Dream Theater Youtube account that was using my font... incorrectly. And I decided I was sick of seeing people screw it up. So I dug up my old font tools and rehashed a new version from the old one, making a few little tweaks to it here and there, but basically, now, no matter what key you press, you get the entire logo (except the Y key, which still gives you the majesty symbol). I don't know why I didn't do it like this way back when I first designed it, or why I never bothered to fix it in all this time since, but whatever, today was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I never thought that the font would get as much widespread use as it has (several official DT channels have used it, from a video of Jordan's keyboard solo on the LSFNY CD to Youtube videos), but I figured I should take this contribution I've made to the community and update it so that it's as perfect as it can be.

There may be another update soon, as Tabs has said he's going to try and get me in touch with somebody so I can get a better version of the majesty symbol (the one in this font has always been slightly off from the real one). With luck, there will be a final version of this font soon.

So yes! Go download the new version (4.00, September 2011) from http://www.acvox.com/dtlogofont.zip today!

Forum category: 
Obryn's picture

Awesome, thanks man! Here's what I did in MSPaint with the font:

[img]http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h384/Obyran/dtflag.png[/img]

Fly 'em high!