Skip directly to content

Drum Solo

• Drum Solo
    June 19, 2012 - 10:31pm

Please find a spot for Mangini's drum solo. as much as we love JP guitar solo but rock concert without drum solo ??? please put it back in setlist , you can replace it with 6:00 or any old songs ( trust me fans are waiting for Manginis drum solo ).

Mahavishnu's picture
on June 19, 2012 - 10:31pm

Please find a spot for Mangini's drum solo. as much as we love JP guitar solo but rock concert without drum solo ??? please put it back in setlist , you can replace it with 6:00 or any old songs ( trust me fans are waiting for Manginis drum solo ).

Forum category: 
EndersGamer's picture

i have to say i am thrilled with the setlist for this leg of the tour. crossing my fingers it doesnt change come thursday when they perform here in KC.

however i too would really like to see mangini featured at some point... BUT, i think war inside my head into test that stumped them are pretty manic drum tracks so hopefully that will help make up for it if we dont get that solo break.

frankly a 20 minute jam session would probably be death by joygasm. lets hear them all solo break :-P

luanneadams's picture

@fb_david_burleson:
We also are driving 5 hours, from NW Louisiana, to Meet & Greet. Maybe we'll see you there. No distance (within reason) is too far for DT!!!!!

comment's picture

Feed me DT! Add MM to the line up or we could die of malnutrition. Drum solos are part of a good balanced concert.

skildude's picture

I got tickets from VIP nation for the Grand Prairie show. The last time they were through the 3 front center sections were regular seating except for those that bought the "meet and greet" packages. This time they are all packages seats.

I appreciate them coming back but I'd like to see 3 hours of just them playing

skildude's picture

I hadn't realized they took it out of the show. Perhaps this was to showcase more tunes in their show. I'd still like to see a 3 hour show without the warmup band

fb_david_burleson's picture

I also want to see Mike Mangini's drum solo back in the line-up. In about 2 weeks, I'm driving at least 5 hours to see DT in Austin, I've had my tickets for over a month, I'm a drummer, and I want to see a friggin' drum solo! I mean, I know the show will be great with or without, I was just expecting to see a drum solo when I bought my ticket several weeks ago (from an over-priced online vendor, I might add). As great as the show will undoubtedly be, I will have a nagging disappointment if there is no drum solo, and I think my initial enthusiasm for ADTOE, and the rare chance to see DT in concert will be somewhat overshadowed. Jus' sayin'.....