Skip directly to content

DT helps deal with a range of emotion.

• DT helps deal with a range of emotion.
    March 1, 2012 - 2:55am

I love DT so much, and one of the main reasons is that I can listen to DT for what ever I feel. When I'm happy I'll listen to like Surrounded or Lifting Shadows off a Dream. when I'm angry obviously I'd listen to Honor Thy Father, the ultimate hate song. when I'm looking for something outrageously complex I would listen to Breaking All Illusions or Octavarium. When I'm sad or upset I can listen to 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence or anything from Train of Thought. What are your guy's thoughts.

Ytsejam58's picture
on March 1, 2012 - 2:55am

I love DT so much, and one of the main reasons is that I can listen to DT for what ever I feel. When I'm happy I'll listen to like Surrounded or Lifting Shadows off a Dream. when I'm angry obviously I'd listen to Honor Thy Father, the ultimate hate song. when I'm looking for something outrageously complex I would listen to Breaking All Illusions or Octavarium. When I'm sad or upset I can listen to 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence or anything from Train of Thought. What are your guy's thoughts.

Forum category: 
comment's picture

Yeah, me too man. I was just rocking out to 6DOIT and was going to write a similar post.

They wrote the soundtrack for our issues is what I like to say. With DT it's great to be able to articulate issues, express them and get out the emotions. Their music communicates to deep levels of the soul which is why I love them. Personally, I'd love to hear more of a balance with songs like Surrounded, Lifting Shadows, Walk Beside You etc. Their musics lyrical content is exquisite and relatable, but no one wants to keep remembering their nightmares when you can lift the shadows off a dream. :-) 'Bathing in beautiful agony' might help one moment as long as you can 'rise up and be counted' in the next. I love DT, but the range of emotional expression tends toward darker themes and therefore a darker outlook is conveyed to the listener. That's my take anyway and my DT dilemma at times because I love listening to them dark or light! I mean who else am I gonna listen to? ADToE is a bit lighter, well balanced and just extraordinary. I have a feeling this new era will have a few more "positive" tunes.