Skip directly to content

DT song yet to be played live

• DT song yet to be played live
    July 21, 2012 - 9:09am

Hey guys,

I have been wondering, does Dream Theater have any plans to play their song, Raw Dog, in a live concert in the future?

Admittedly, I realize it may be one of their more obscure songs, given that it is not on one of their LPs, but I nevertheless love the song for its technicality, aggressive nature and, frankly, distinctive ending.

If Raw Dog isn't something Dream Theater had thought of playing live before, I hope that they will consider it now, for a future show! At any rate, thanks for giving me four years of listening goodness and six incredible live shows (and counting).

Deoxysapple's picture
on July 21, 2012 - 9:09am

Hey guys,

I have been wondering, does Dream Theater have any plans to play their song, Raw Dog, in a live concert in the future?

Admittedly, I realize it may be one of their more obscure songs, given that it is not on one of their LPs, but I nevertheless love the song for its technicality, aggressive nature and, frankly, distinctive ending.

If Raw Dog isn't something Dream Theater had thought of playing live before, I hope that they will consider it now, for a future show! At any rate, thanks for giving me four years of listening goodness and six incredible live shows (and counting).

Forum category: 
InfectiouslyPerverted's picture

[quote=Callahan]I would pick Don't Look Past Me to be played before Raw Dog :p [/quote]

Don't Look Past Me is one of my all-time favorite DT songs. Hey, if they can do To Live Forever in concert, why not Don't Look Past Me??

lerongek's picture

I think Raw Dog will rocking much more than it looks.

Callahan's picture

I would pick Don't Look Past Me to be played before Raw Dog :p

Tranjozip's picture

[quote=Deoxysapple]Hey guys,

If Raw Dog isn't something Dream Theater had thought of playing live before, I hope that they will consider it now, for a future show! At any rate, thanks for giving me four years of listening goodness and six incredible live shows (and counting).[/quote]

I think it was more of an in studio project..I believe it was orig developed for a game..
Another thing too is they tend to average 2-2.5 hrs in concert..what is that, about 13-15 songs? then the solo's ...so I don't think it would ever get agreed upon to get a full slot in a show.
.I have seen them about 15X in the last 20 years,,,I am still suprised sometimes leaving a show and saying, "WOW, I'm suprised they didn't play this or that etc" Ive seen 3 shows now where they didn't play Pull ME Under, (or nothing off of images in words,,,
I remember too one show about 9 years ago, a bunch of us went to see them expecting a few songs off of images in words, awake, and maybe something like a change of seasons for an oncore etc.. but the entire show was both disc 1 and 2 of six degrees of inner turb.....
I would guess probably not!I
All though, I wouldn't be suprised if they lumped it into some sort of medley mix or something. ...like on the Budakon DVD...You get a great little mix..and they end it off with Hells kitchen.....love when they do that...