Skip directly to content

An earthquake and an awesome show in Mexico...

• An earthquake and an awesome show in Mexico...
    December 15, 2011 - 12:43am

We mexicans had quite an entertaining night last saturday. Before DT´s show we had a pretty good earthquake. Maybe it was that we were all really excited about seeing the guys live after a few years, maybe it was the beer, the thing is that no one made a big fuss about the shaky-bumpy pre-show. Dunno. Do you have an interesting story to share regarding anything happening, before, during or after a DT´s concert? If so, please share ;)

Jorge Armando's picture
on December 15, 2011 - 12:43am

We mexicans had quite an entertaining night last saturday. Before DT´s show we had a pretty good earthquake. Maybe it was that we were all really excited about seeing the guys live after a few years, maybe it was the beer, the thing is that no one made a big fuss about the shaky-bumpy pre-show. Dunno. Do you have an interesting story to share regarding anything happening, before, during or after a DT´s concert? If so, please share ;)

Forum category: 
Phrygian Sunshine's picture

@Jorge Armando:

Hi Jorge. I didn't get to see them this time out. The last time was in 2009 during the Progressive Nation Tour. I don't know yet what 2012 will bring; we'll see. Cheers!

Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: It was a really, really good show. The guys were masterful as usual and the crowd was amazing. It was a pretty good saturday. Did you get to see the guys this year? Or maybe you will on 2012? If you did you'll agree it was awesome, if you will, well I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the show as much as I did my friend :D

Phrygian Sunshine's picture

Wow!

I can't remember anything like that happening before a concert, but NY did get to feel the aftershock of an earthquake earlier this year. I was sitting on a chair in the office at work. Suddenly, I felt the room starting to move and I thought that I was having a moment of vertigo. A few seconds later, someone came into the building and told us that there had just been a huge earthquake in Washington DC and that we had just gotten the aftershock. Everyone in the room immediately said, "That's what that was? I didn't say anything because I thought that I was feeling dizzy."

That was a really interesting thing to experience. Earthquakes are a rarity in NY. Anyway, glad to hear that you enjoyed the concert. Cheers!