Skip directly to content

Far From Heaven

• Far From Heaven
    September 10, 2011 - 5:42am

Far From Heaven is possibly the most beautiful DT song. James' voice is blissful and the piano and strings just make it so amazing!

Spence123's picture
on September 10, 2011 - 5:42am

Far From Heaven is possibly the most beautiful DT song. James' voice is blissful and the piano and strings just make it so amazing!

Forum category: 
Spin's picture

It's a nice ballad. My only real dislike for it is that it has no strong chorus. The intro is fantastic and the sounds on all the ballads on the album are so much better than the last few (the addition of strings, synth etc).

Lightweight's picture

[quote=Ad134]Sadly this song is completely ruined for me by the blatant autotuning...[/quote] I'm quite sure they've autotuned it as well but what you suggest is that the autotune is very... obvious? I can't hear any traces of AT.

Soulfire's picture

[quote=Spence123]Far From Heaven is possibly the most beautiful DT song. James' voice is blissful and the piano and strings just make it so amazing![/quote]

I second that notion. Amazing song.

Ad134's picture

Sadly this song is completely ruined for me by the blatant autotuning...

Lightweight's picture

The part with "[i]You keep your pride while I die inside every day[/i]" gives me chills every single time.
I think this song is the best unplugged / acoustic song they've made. I can relate to the lyrics as well as I had an old school mate who commited suicide, and people thought he was a happy dude. He never showed any symptoms of depression etc and suddenly he'd done it.

Ianuarius's picture

I just listened this and started thinking of Pink Floyd's Vera. There's something similar in this. Iknpt expecting this to end as abruptly as that song does... tho I know how this ends. :)

jviola95's picture

I love it. Its not as good as Beneath the Surface but its still one of their best.

Infinite Cactus's picture

Beautiful song

FingerWiz's picture

I always liked DT ballads. If I would have to rank them, It would be like this:

1) Beneath The Surface.
2) Disappear.
3) Far From Heaven.

Far from heaven is really amazing, especially the end where JR plays the Breaking All Illusions part.

-=EoE=-'s picture

Each ballad on ADTOE are good in their own ways. It's really hard to rank these, listening through the album it went like this...

...This Is The Life, wow, love the guitar on here, really accompanies this ballad well, best ballad on the album for sure!
...Far From Heaven, this is a truly beautiful song, brings me back to Wait To Sleep, now this is the best ballad on the album!
...Beneath The Surface, what an outstanding and emotional closer, almost brings me to tears! The best ballad on the album!?

I really can't rank this, maybe in time because it's too early for sure at the moment. They're all outstanding ballads!

The Shaman's picture

I wholeheartedly agree that it's a very beautiful song. James is top notch, the songwriting is brilliant, the instrumentalization is perfect and the lyrics are touching as hell... "Can't lie anymore", anyone? This part gives me the shivers everytime.

What's also great is that Far From Heaven is to Breaking All Illusions what Wait For Sleep was to Learning To Live! Compare the "you can't imagine..." and the "embrace the days" sections. Also the ending of BAI is the piano break of FFH. Awesomeness.

IdoSC's picture

When it comes to the album's ballads, they're all beautiful. Beneath the Surface is my favorite one by far because I just fell in love with the instrumentation, JLB's epic moment in the end of the song, and the lyrics. This is the Life is really uplifting, and Far From Heaven is incredible in it's own way. I like all these songs' lyrics, music and vocal delivery, but for now Far From Heaven is my 3rd favorite. Still, those ballads are all DT in their top form.

SeRoX's picture

If I rank it on ADTOE it places 5-6 but it could change but if i rank it considering all ballads DT did it comes after Disappear for sure.

You know it's always amazing when James is using his low register. Relaxing.