Skip directly to content

FF isn't HardRock or Metal

• FF isn't HardRock or Metal
    February 13, 2012 - 3:44am

I can't believe the Foo Fighters won in a catagory they don't belong in....I'am TOTALY UPSET WITH THIS.DT IN MY EYES YOU>>>WON>>>This is the problom with mainstream music if you arent Country or Hip Hop you're not REQINEZED.. TOTAL BS...In my eyes DT u shouhave won several "GRAMMYS over ...Mettilica and other groups...Because your Drive and passion is way over the top of other groups...as well as playing the music that has been "U " and only you as a group.....I hand to you the "1st Truely Metal Band Award" DT FOREVER............

mde0885's picture
on February 13, 2012 - 3:44am

I can't believe the Foo Fighters won in a catagory they don't belong in....I'am TOTALY UPSET WITH THIS.DT IN MY EYES YOU>>>WON>>>This is the problom with mainstream music if you arent Country or Hip Hop you're not REQINEZED.. TOTAL BS...In my eyes DT u shouhave won several "GRAMMYS over ...Mettilica and other groups...Because your Drive and passion is way over the top of other groups...as well as playing the music that has been "U " and only you as a group.....I hand to you the "1st Truely Metal Band Award" DT FOREVER............

Forum category: 
pleaseleavemealone's picture

Even though DT did not win the Grammy they deserved, it's my belief, you'll not hear any one of them whine or gripe or bash anyone about it. (their fans do it well enough). The members of DT have way to much integrity to let something as trivial as the Grammy's influence their mission. As individuals, DT members are men we can all look up to. I think they posses great values. Taking time out of their extremely busy schedule to fly from Europe for the Grammy's says a lot about these guys.

DT, their families and fans are what makes DT so great.

Oh, and Mr. Mangini...you are an awesome drummer and a perfect addition to the whole DT family!

dtfan44's picture

I have a slight respect for Foo Fighters ([i]The Colour and the Shape[/i] and [i]There is Nothing Left to Lose [/i]were terrific albums), though metal they are not. Even though the [i]Learn to Fly [/i]video splits my sides every time, I honestly haven't heard anything fresh from them in years (I even gave more recent FF cds to my dad!).

Don't worry Dream Theater, your time will come, and when it does, oh my...

northy's picture

The Grammys............Big back slapping party. If your face fits you get a grammy. Nothing against the FF, but i don't have any of their music.............I have ALL Dream Theaters and to me the music is all that counts.

Thistle92's picture

Dream Theater never set out to be mainstream. They're still the biggest band you never heard of. This way they got a large part of the Grammy experience, which must be very cool! I thought they all looked very nice and represented their families, friends & fans very well. Obla-di, obla-da :)

Campion95's picture

True, although White Limo is a good bit heaver than most of their songs, I think it was just the Grammys throwing in a familiar name for the voters to vote for. Also who votes at the Grammys? And the Grammys need to get better interviewers, the lady who interviewed Dream Theater didn't even know the length of the song.

comment's picture

Right on! FF are like Hard Pop-Rock.