Skip directly to content

Get to know each other!

• Get to know each other!
    September 10, 2011 - 5:41am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My name is Brenda and I have been a Dream Theater fan for about 3 years. My first album was Black Clouds and Silver Linings. My (stupid) ex BF showed me Dream Theater. I guess it was the only good thing that came out of that relationship lol.

OK your turn!

TuscanCountess's picture
on September 10, 2011 - 5:41am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My name is Brenda and I have been a Dream Theater fan for about 3 years. My first album was Black Clouds and Silver Linings. My (stupid) ex BF showed me Dream Theater. I guess it was the only good thing that came out of that relationship lol.

OK your turn!

Forum category: 
drop2d's picture

[quote=JCF204]@dongringo:

It's just my opinion. When is the last time you heard a DT song on the radio? That is what I'm talking about. If there are so many other bands in the US that are in this genre, then by all means introduce me to them.

Not trying to insult anyone.[/quote]

I think it's starting to come around - but not to radio b/c radio sucks. I mean DT's last album was #6 on the charts - that is extremely impressive without any mainstream support!

There are a few other bands that I listen to that I would consider similar to DT that are US based... Scale the Summit, Tetrafusion, 3. I listen to a lot of different stuff though. Look at my avatar and you'll see who 2 of my favorite bands are.

JCF204's picture

@dongringo:

It's just my opinion. When is the last time you heard a DT song on the radio? That is what I'm talking about. If there are so many other bands in the US that are in this genre, then by all means introduce me to them.

Not trying to insult anyone.

TuscanCountess's picture

@Soulfire: NO! LOL!

Oh god I'm so not a serial killer...I'm too small and nice lol

dongringo's picture

[quote=JCF204]Now I listen to a lot of European music, synth / progressive metal etc. The US blows when it comes to playing music with any talent these days...[/quote]

Hi Joe. You know? That's a really insulting comment. There's plenty of talented musicians in the US....DT for example.

Soulfire's picture

You guys all better hope Brenda isn't some sort of serial killer...

Not to say that she is! I'm sure she's not...

But just saying...

That's why I don't post pics of myself on the interwebs lol.

Bis's picture

My name is Adam, but my friends & fans call me "Bis" I've been into DT since '94- Awake featured my (former) High School band- but didn't really "get it" till a bit later. I write/record my own cd's and play all the instruments on 'em, so if ur interested hit me at facebook.com/Adam Bissing or reverbnation.com/adamrbissing - I wish I could say I am heavily influenced by DT and JP especially but I'm nowhere near as creative, lol! Saw DT with Maiden last year and have been awaiting the new album; I was not disappointed, it's a masterpiece!

jsemDTF's picture

I was introduced to DT about two years ago now, been a pretty avid fan ever since. They have been my favorite band since, but some bands that I was introduced to by other members of DTF are beginning to edge their way up there and might take the spot soon enough. DT was a gateway band for me to the realms of prog and lots beyond that.

RC Towers's picture

Greetings, Brenda, I am RC, and I first discovered DT in '92 (13yo) with the song "Take the Time". I lost DT for about two years and rediscovered them in '95. Listening to Rush since '87 (8yo) and Queensryche since '90 brought me to listening to and quickly understanding what DT is all about and I never looked back ever since. I must say, that things certainly happen for a reason. With regards to your ex-bf, he was put in your life for simply one thing, and one thing only, to bring you to the DT family. Let me be the first to say, Welcome to the family, and have fun discovering DT's entire journey. May Oneness Bless You.

eternal dreamer's picture

[quote=Niels B]Well, yea, I listen to other stuff too, but I don't like it enough to buy the cd:s. DT is the only band I'd see live.[/quote]

I was like that but opened my mind a little and took my time to discover some great bands and forgot DT almost completely

JCF204's picture

Hi I'm Joe,

Soon to be 40...

I first heard DT when I&W first came out. A bunch of my friends heard they were coming to town in Denver. We all went to check them out at a small club called The Broadway downtown. Galactic Cowboys opened up for them.

They blew us away that night and I was never the same musically. I used to only listen to the hair bands and these guys changed everything.

Also, I used to play drums and the stuff that MP did was so over the top, I wanted to quit playing. Who had ever heard drumming like that before??? Very inspiring!

Now I listen to a lot of European music, synth / progressive metal etc. The US blows when it comes to playing music with any talent these days...

And I really like the new Album, SC was not so good IMO. But this sounds like the DT we all know and love.

Lightweight's picture

You asked for it

[img]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8605/40522101502444451355007.jpg[/img]

4 year old picture I'm afraid but it suits the ADTOE cover. Eye surgery = no more glasses. The Lost Not Forgotten unison made me turn blue.

Niels B's picture

Well, yea, I listen to other stuff too, but I don't like it enough to buy the cd:s. DT is the only band I'd see live.

TuscanCountess's picture

I'm so sorry eternal dreamer!! You just look so Indian in that pic!! *blush*

UGH! Why aren't the guys in my end of town this good looking?!

so you don't listen to other things? uh.

Niels B's picture

All right... great topic, by the way! I am Niels, a swede living in Finland. I´m a classical musician, pianist and organist, and Dream Theater is almost the only rockband I like. Well, there are a few others, Porcupine tree and Rush for example, but I´ve been a fan of DT since I heard Ytse Jam back in 1990.

molon_uk's picture

Hi, my name is Jono, been a DT fan since 2001? Sounds about right. I joined dt.net/bb back in 2004 so I decided to register here for old time's sake, despite not really liking Dream Theater that much (having said that I do really enjoy the new album). I'll be the one listing to the hardcore and punk in the corner. Alone.

Iridit Schmedley's picture

Thanx)) Brenda) My name is Irena & I'm a teacher\translator & eternal student. I'm a fan of DT from 2001 & know almoust all their projects all DT'S albums My first album was Scenes From a Memory. And it was a miracle how I got it that time (I live on the other side of the planet). I don't lie if say that their music save my life & I think I'm not alone)) ))) I have a lot of hobies (From computer techs to sport & music, psyсhology, languages etc... love to be an eternal student to know a lot of new ), Love to sing very much. I'm from Khabarovsk (It's The East of Russia\Siber), :) but I really wish DT come to us one day)) Scenes From A Memory was the first album I stuked on three months then lose and got back to DT again a little later)))) now I really like Mr Magini) He plays calmly, gently because of It DT got more wanderful sound than before) I love it and want more ...
It's really great and interesting to watch: how changes human being parallel with the music!! Thanks DT you sing my dreams.
I hope you have a good BF now, TC))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) .

HAHAHAHAHAAH

im mexican

sup cutie pie

TuscanCountess's picture

[quote=eternal dreamer][IMG]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/264156_10150253835438396_...

oh hi[/quote]

Oh wow, I have a thing for Indian guys. How YOU doin??

Sovereign Dream's picture

[quote=Disappear]I have a very simple and easy-to-follow philosophy when listening to music:

If it's not DT, it's CRAP!!!![/quote]

Oh hey you're the guy I impersonated on DTF to creep Adami out. Hi.

Disappear's picture

I have a very simple and easy-to-follow philosophy when listening to music:

If it's not DT, it's CRAP!!!!

samde's picture

Cheers everyone!

Release day for ADTOE and what's better day for register here. Awesome album once again!

Been Dream Theater fan since I heard Live at the Marquee cd at my friend's in summer 94.
Saw DT once live, Octavarium tour in Singapore.

See you around!

-=EoE=-'s picture

Pics aren't showing for me. :( I'll just post one of mine anyway. :p

[img]http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/265014_10150245511324044_...

drop2d's picture

My name is Dan. I got into DT when I&W came out. As soon as I heard Pull Me Under, I was hooked and haven't stopped listening since. I'm so glad this band puts out GOOD music as often as it does. My other favorite bands are Dave Matthews Band (yeah, I can hear some snickering), Radiohead, Pink Floyd... those are just what I listen to most, but I like a pretty wide range of music.
I play guitar as a hobby - mostly acoustic. My other hobby is BBQ. Started competing in regional events this year and on the weekends I'm not doing that, something is smoking in the back yard.

CrimsonSunriseDTF's picture

Here's me SC tour....Trying unsuccessfully to look like a bad ass with attitude....LOL

[IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn85/sideways777777/dt2.jpg[/IMG]

TuscanCountess's picture

Oh my...so many cuties post here!

YagiHakase's picture

Greetings. I don't think i will be posting here much but i am introducing myself anyway.

Bucks's picture

Pages