Skip directly to content

Get to know each other!

• Get to know each other!
    September 10, 2011 - 5:41am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My name is Brenda and I have been a Dream Theater fan for about 3 years. My first album was Black Clouds and Silver Linings. My (stupid) ex BF showed me Dream Theater. I guess it was the only good thing that came out of that relationship lol.

OK your turn!

TuscanCountess's picture
on September 10, 2011 - 5:41am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My name is Brenda and I have been a Dream Theater fan for about 3 years. My first album was Black Clouds and Silver Linings. My (stupid) ex BF showed me Dream Theater. I guess it was the only good thing that came out of that relationship lol.

OK your turn!

Forum category: 
Alber's picture

Hi everyone!

My name is Juan and I'm from Argentina, I've been a fan since Octavarium, Dream Theater is my all time favourite band and a huge part of my life.

If you want, my twitter account is /Juankehiayan.

daveeroberts's picture

G'day all - I'm Dave.

I hail from a little place called Australia (you may have heard of it :p) and I'm a journalist for a company called The AU Review.

My first Dream Theater album was Train of Thought - at the ripe age of 13, and i've dug them ever since. I'm a guitarist (I'm lil_petrucci on the JP boards) and used to be in a progressive rock band what recently broke up. So now i'm a DJ (I know. weird change)

If you guys want, follow me on twitter at @daveeroberts - and if you want to read my review of the new album jump on the AU Review website - there's the review on there, review of On The Backs of Angels and an interview with Mangini!

So, any other aussies in here?

carl320's picture

I'm Karl and have been a fan since FII (horribly underrated album, along with WDADU). I'm training to drive semi tractor trailers and play guitar and bass in my free time.

Hérus's picture

Mike here. Been a fan since I&W came out. Dream Theater is pretty much the only thing I listen to...well, that and I'm a big Beethoven fan. I'm also into astronomy (hence the username) and computers.

Niek_pas's picture

I've been a fan for a couple years (since March 2009), and I have pretty much all their stuff. I like their new stuff the most (that sounds a bit silly... by "new stuff" I mean SFAM - ADTOE (?)). I'm 15 years old and I play the drums and the keyboard. I'm also studying composition in my spare time, because I love doing it and I'm positive my future lies in music (I'm not trying to brag or be naive... I just love making music so much I'm sure I'll do something that has to do with music, be it a musician, composer, teacher or whatever). Other hobbies of mine are philosophy and movies. I have lived in The Netherlands all my life.

Ricosound's picture

Dream Theater is a part of my life since 1997/8. I start every single day with DT music. I know it's crazy, but it's just stronger than me... Hopefully, my wife was understand this issues and she accepted fact that DT is 5-th member of our family :-))) Pozdrowienia dla wszystkich hardcore fans in POLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!

lonestarDTF's picture

Been a fan since Pull Me Under came on the radio. My other favorite bands include Yes, Marillion, IQ, The Who and The Kinks. I work as a chef in the SF area.

black_floydDTF's picture

[quote=black_floydDTF]Great topic Brenda!

My name's Josh and I got into DT in '99 when my cousin Jimi showed me Pull Me Under. He'd tried first with Metropolis back in '95 but I was into grunge at that time and didn't quite dig it. Once I got into PMU I couldn't listen to it enough and Under a Glass Moon hooked me nicely too as did all of the Live in Tokyo VHS.

Gorgeous pic by the way. Most people could learn a valuable lesson about being photogenic from you since the average person will look far more attractive in a pic if they have a warm, relaxed smile like yours.[/quote]

I should add these little tidbits about myself as well since the point is for us to get to know each other and what better way than to know one another's hobbies.

I play guitar, bass, and a little keyboard. I played in a 70s/80s/90s cover band back home doing stuff like the Rolling Stones, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, and many other bands. I moved (temporarily) to the Raleigh, NC area about a month ago and have so far practiced with a band I met on craigslist. Went very well since we made it through five songs all the way through despite three of them being completely unplanned (they'd given me a couple songs to learn.) I also love sports, craft beers, and cook whenever I get the chance.

ytsejam's picture

Been a fan since W.D.A.D.U. My wife's say's i'm to much of a fanboy...lol....but some people like sports, etc...I'm a music fanatic. Being a guitarist J.P. is my favorite guitarist beside's Ace Frehley who was the one who got me playing in the first place.

FingerWiz's picture

My name is Liran,
I have been a DT fan for 3 and half years.
I heard about DT from my older brother. He came to me and said: "Hey, do you wanna hear a band that sounds little bit like Pink Floyd?". Of course I tried them, and I found it they are a whole new world.
My first was SFAM, rather Finally Free. And I was like "WOW, they are preety good".

And here I am now, in love with DT's music :)

black_floydDTF's picture

Great topic Brenda!

My name's Josh and I got into DT in '99 when my cousin Jimi showed me Pull Me Under. He'd tried first with Metropolis back in '95 but I was into grunge at that time and didn't quite dig it. Once I got into PMU I couldn't listen to it enough and Under a Glass Moon hooked me nicely too as did all of the Live in Tokyo VHS.

Gorgeous pic by the way. Most people could learn a valuable lesson about being photogenic from you since the average person will look far more attractive in a pic if they have a warm, relaxed smile like yours.

lak89's picture

[quote=Soulfire]Hey everyone,

My name is none of your business :P. You can call me Soulfire :D. However I am 17 and live in Brisbane, Australia. Been into Dream Theater since about 2008, but my first album was Octavarium. TBH I was actually into LTE before DT lol! A friend of mine gave me LTE2, and I absolutely loved it. I heard that it was a side project for Dream Theater, bought Octavarium and fell in love with it instantly.

I'm finishing up Year 12 this year. I play keys, guitar, bass and drums and I compose quite a bit. Going to study composition at the Conservatorium next year.

Aside from DT I love all kinds of progressive music including Porcupine Tree, OSI, Transatlantic, Meshuggah, Animals as Leaders, ELP etc.

Great thread by the way :)

Regards,

Soulfire[/quote]

Awesome! I was into LTE before DT as well!

Dave52's picture

Hi guys, my name's Dave, and I've been alive for a very long time. I first heard DT back when WDADU was first released, but I&W really hooked me in. I was a member of the Ytsejam and the original DT.Net. I was also one of the first on the MP forum. Unfortunately that is no longer a place where I can talk freely, so I'm on JLBs forum, and have just started to check out this place.

Oh, I live in England with my wonderful Wife. We have 2 kids (18 and 16) and we go to Prog / Metal concerts as a family. It's cool!

Pages