Skip directly to content

Headlong Flight

• Headlong Flight
    July 9, 2012 - 7:52pm

Sorry I keep posting my Rush related stuff on here. I would go to Rush about this but I don't think they have a forum like to soo....

I was listening to the radio and was completely astonished when I heard Headlong Flight come on. Actually, I was flipping though and I heard the part when Neil was going to town on the Snare, funny how i can recognize a song just from a drum part.

anywho. at the end, the DJ talks a little about the song. Now, at this time, I am so psyched because I heard one of the coolest Rush songs on the radio... and then I hear the DJ say "That song makes me want to vomit. Did I say that out loud?"

I just want to know why some people have such a hate for Rush.

Let's take the Rush label off for like 5 minutes while you listen to the song and try to tell me that it sucks. You can't! It is truly an amazing song. I wanted to slap that DJ

Ytsejam58's picture
on July 9, 2012 - 7:52pm

Sorry I keep posting my Rush related stuff on here. I would go to Rush about this but I don't think they have a forum like to soo....

I was listening to the radio and was completely astonished when I heard Headlong Flight come on. Actually, I was flipping though and I heard the part when Neil was going to town on the Snare, funny how i can recognize a song just from a drum part.

anywho. at the end, the DJ talks a little about the song. Now, at this time, I am so psyched because I heard one of the coolest Rush songs on the radio... and then I hear the DJ say "That song makes me want to vomit. Did I say that out loud?"

I just want to know why some people have such a hate for Rush.

Let's take the Rush label off for like 5 minutes while you listen to the song and try to tell me that it sucks. You can't! It is truly an amazing song. I wanted to slap that DJ

Forum category: 
Skip63's picture

Actually I totally understand the comments made about that song. As a life long fan of Rush I've been very disappointed since the return of Rush from their 4 years off. If I had to blame anyone for the sound change in Rush I will lay that one at the feet of Alex Lifeson. He demanded the removal of all keyboards and then proceeded to muddy all his guitar sounds with limited lead action. I'm really sorry that this new direction has gone so sonically bad for them. Lee and Peart are still sounding great and if it wasn't for Alex's sound I'd be in. Just listen to anything prior to the 4 year break and you can hear a clean crisp sound coming from Lifeson. Not anymore.

Oh well thank God for Dream Theater. I don't see JP ever changing his sound that drastically.

Psygnosis99's picture

It's pretty confusing to me too.. Rush is awesome.