Skip directly to content

Help Me Understand

• Help Me Understand
    October 19, 2011 - 12:47pm

8 days until my 11 year old daughter and I get to see Dream Theatre in Grand Prairie, TX. We are soooo excited. Help me understand this though. We purchased our tickets online through Ticketmaster over 7 weeks ago. I purchased 2 and was logged onto the BEST Available which meant I could get the $49.99 or 39.99 seats. I was given the $39.99 seats in row 205 LL or something like that.

Since then I have logged on just to see where the seats selling now are. Almost everytime the tickets are better then what I got. Why??? Yesterday, they had two 10 rows back straight on from the stage. The next time I went on they had 2 15 rows back. Why didnt I get these seats 2 months ago???

yogi's picture
on October 19, 2011 - 12:47pm

8 days until my 11 year old daughter and I get to see Dream Theatre in Grand Prairie, TX. We are soooo excited. Help me understand this though. We purchased our tickets online through Ticketmaster over 7 weeks ago. I purchased 2 and was logged onto the BEST Available which meant I could get the $49.99 or 39.99 seats. I was given the $39.99 seats in row 205 LL or something like that.

Since then I have logged on just to see where the seats selling now are. Almost everytime the tickets are better then what I got. Why??? Yesterday, they had two 10 rows back straight on from the stage. The next time I went on they had 2 15 rows back. Why didnt I get these seats 2 months ago???

Forum category: 
Soulfire's picture

Occupy Ticketmaster! It's happening! :D

Keysman's picture

Hi Yogi,im sorry to hear about your ticket problems but it's no suprise if your dealing with someone like ticketmaster.
A tip ive been given in the past is to never use the best available option when buying tickets from them as they end up not very good tickets and then they sell the best ones on at a later date for rip off prices.
Like Earthling2112 said "they are not called Ticketbastard for nothing".
It's about time the goverments of the world started sorting these ticket companys out and stop them ripping off the customer.

Soulfire's picture

When I went to see them on the BCSL tour, tickets were with Ticketek. They weren't too bad, except for the dramatic turn of pricing events later during the sales period. I bought my tickets as soon as they came out for $120. Then closer to the date, suddenly all tickets were $60, including A Reserve. Ripped off :(.

I understand it's probably because they needed more people to come, because there weren't enough, but still...

Vegvisir's picture

Perhaps if some of the seats that were reserved for M&G and VIP tickets go unsold, they are released for sale, and sold to whoever is lucky enough to find them, for the regular ticket price.

Earthling2112's picture

their not called Ticketbastard for nothing. they are always sticking it to their customers. I can't remember if I've ever had a pleasant experience with them.