Skip directly to content

Helsinki, Finland, 01/23/2012

• Helsinki, Finland, 01/23/2012
    October 20, 2011 - 2:41pm

A place to discuss anything on the DT show in Helsinki (Tässä voidaan hehkuttaa Suomen-keikkaa ja kysellä ja kommentoida kaikkea siihen liittyvää.)

hansswahn's picture
on October 20, 2011 - 2:41pm

A place to discuss anything on the DT show in Helsinki (Tässä voidaan hehkuttaa Suomen-keikkaa ja kysellä ja kommentoida kaikkea siihen liittyvää.)

Forum category: 
jaehong's picture

the vip host said 6000. unofficial though

Lennart's picture

is there any information on how many people have attended the show?

Andreas Cambrand's picture

Cool, some changes have been made it seems. Yesterday they played the first of the two setlists they've been using during the Dramatic Tour - the one where [i]The Silent Man[/i] and [i]Beneath The Surface[/i] are performed during the acoustic session.

The differences, as far as I can tell:

[i]These Walls[/i] was replaced by [i][b]6:00[/b][/i]

[i]Endless Sacrifice[/i] was replaced by [i][b]Surrounded[/b][/i]

[i]The Ytse Jam[/i] was replaced by [i][b]A Fortune in Lies[/b][/i]

[i]Forsaken[/i] was replaced by [i][b]War Inside My Head[/b][/i] + [i][b]The Test That Stumped Them All[/b][/i]

[i]Through My Words[/i] + [i]Fatal Tragedy[/i] were replaced by [i][b]The Spirit Carries On[/b][/i]

Some nice changes in my opinion. The only thing I'm slightly bummed about is that [i]Fatal Tragedy[/i], which is one of my favorite songs, was taken out. Then again, [i]The Spirit Carries On[/i] is definitely my favorite among the "new" songs on the setlist. I just wish that both of them were performed. ^^

Niels B's picture

Wow! Great show, really! And a far more satisfying setlist then on the US tour. Still I missed Lost not forgotten. But thanks a lot for the older stuff 6:00, Surrounded and Fortune in lies.

hansswahn's picture

Niels B's picture

It´s C3, 7th row. I guess it´s not too far away from the "ice".

hansswahn's picture

Can you tell in which section you seat is, C1/C2... or what? The best place for seeing the band is "on ice". There are only standing places in front of the stage.

KVK's picture

[quote=Niels B]Fair enough. You seem to have experience from the Ice hall, would you mind telling what places are the best / what places to avid? I have tickets for the C-katsomo, any comment?[/quote]

It's good place, I don't know do you have C1, C2, C3 or C4 but you see the stage very well. The sound quality is not the best but still good.

I still try to work my business that I can go there. I can't go home with train after 23 because trains don't run after that. I don't have a driver license (I'm still 17 years old).

SO if there is any fans here who drives through Orimattila and have one seat free, I could jump in! This could be my 3rd time to see DT but now I have this big problem!! :(

[quote=hansswahn]@Andreas Cambrand: The (old) Icehall is quite awful venue. I'm hoping to see DT someday in Hartwall Areena in Helsinki. It's modern and comfortable.[/quote]

Okay, thanks for the information. I'll keep that in mind when I'll make my final decision on whether to go or not.

Niels B's picture

Fair enough. You seem to have experience from the Ice hall, would you mind telling what places are the best / what places to avid? I have tickets for the C-katsomo, any comment?

hansswahn's picture

@Andreas Cambrand: The (old) Icehall is quite awful venue. I'm hoping to see DT someday in Hartwall Areena in Helsinki. It's modern and comfortable.

hansswahn's picture

@Niels B: In English ofcourse, sorry. I didn't mean to use Finnish hear. I put that Finnish line just for encouraging the Finns participate. Translation: Here we can talk about the gig in Helsinki ;)

Wellcome to Helsinki!

I already have my tickets for the gig in Stockholm (January 25th) but I'm considering going to Helsinki in order to see the show twice. And by going to the Helsinki concert I'll be sure to experience both setlists and that would be awesome. I haven't fully decided yet though.

Niels B's picture

Great! I´ll be coming to the Hki-show in january. But as a suggestion, lets keep also this thread in english, so that also others than just Finns can participate! :)