Skip directly to content

I have a proposition for DT

• I have a proposition for DT
    October 11, 2011 - 6:58pm

Hi, I am a new fan for life. Its only about 3 months ago that really I heard of you the first time. I stumbled upon Razor's Edge on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Y_W0KIC7o and I thought this is fucking awesome I need more of this stuff and found the whole piece on YT. I was blown away and I thought why havent I heard of you guys before? So I searched for more amazing tunes on YT and they just kept coming. Your music and lyrics touches something in me that only Pink Floyd has ever done before. So here I am today, gotten most of your albums, bought tickets for the gigs in Copenhagen, Berlin, Manchester and London, but I have missed out on over 20 years of epic DT concerts :(

So here is my proposition. I would gladly donate half of a monthly salary which is about 1300$ to any charity of your choice, if you would agree to play the song Octavarium (the song that that got me hooked) in Copenhagen the 27 january. Hell I will even throw in the rest of the salary a total of 2600$ if you also play In the Name of God.

My offer is totally serious and the way I see its a win-win situation, some charity will get a needed donation and I am sure that you will make quite a few DT fans walk away after the concert with smiles from ear to ear, I know I will and so will my brother & nephew, which I btw have turned in to DT fans.

Plz pm me with your decision

btw
    You should do a anniversary tour with Metropolis, Part 2 Scenes From A Memory. I thinks its your best album, but dont wait 30 years like Rush did with Moving Pictures. A 15 years anniversary tour sounds just about right :)

Frostbitez's picture
on October 11, 2011 - 6:58pm

Hi, I am a new fan for life. Its only about 3 months ago that really I heard of you the first time. I stumbled upon Razor's Edge on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Y_W0KIC7o and I thought this is fucking awesome I need more of this stuff and found the whole piece on YT. I was blown away and I thought why havent I heard of you guys before? So I searched for more amazing tunes on YT and they just kept coming. Your music and lyrics touches something in me that only Pink Floyd has ever done before. So here I am today, gotten most of your albums, bought tickets for the gigs in Copenhagen, Berlin, Manchester and London, but I have missed out on over 20 years of epic DT concerts :(

So here is my proposition. I would gladly donate half of a monthly salary which is about 1300$ to any charity of your choice, if you would agree to play the song Octavarium (the song that that got me hooked) in Copenhagen the 27 january. Hell I will even throw in the rest of the salary a total of 2600$ if you also play In the Name of God.

My offer is totally serious and the way I see its a win-win situation, some charity will get a needed donation and I am sure that you will make quite a few DT fans walk away after the concert with smiles from ear to ear, I know I will and so will my brother & nephew, which I btw have turned in to DT fans.

Plz pm me with your decision

btw
You should do a anniversary tour with Metropolis, Part 2 Scenes From A Memory. I thinks its your best album, but dont wait 30 years like Rush did with Moving Pictures. A 15 years anniversary tour sounds just about right :)

Forum category: 
DragonAttack's picture

I'd buy 'em all a drink if they'd finish with at least 'The Razor's Edge'. It was the perfect ending tune a few years back, and just has that 'the concert is almost over, hope you enjoyed the show' feel to it. Queen did it for eons with 'We Will Rock/We Are The Champions' and the 'God Save The Queen' tape. Familiarity can be a good thing.

If they don't play the track, just make sure it's in your auto for the trip home and pretend they played it.