Skip directly to content

important question. Can anyone help?

• important question. Can anyone help?
    March 20, 2012 - 12:13pm

Hi, folks,

I'm usually not the one to write posts and stuff (even though I read everything), but I need your combined help. Trying to find a contact address for the band, I didn't find one. And now I'm in a rut.

My best friends are getting married in June, and since they are the biggest fans of the band that anyone can imagine and travel around Europe to see the band, etc., I wanted to get them a signed autograph card by the band on their wedding day as a surprise gift. They'd be over the moon.

So, does anybody know how I can get in touch with the band about this? Since DT are considered one of the most fan-friendly bands around, I'm sure they'd sign an autograph. But how do I get in touch?

If ANYONE out there can help me with me quest, PLEASE do. That would be so cool!

Thanks a million!

Cheers from Germany,
    Carsten

DaKraut's picture
on March 20, 2012 - 12:13pm

Hi, folks,

I'm usually not the one to write posts and stuff (even though I read everything), but I need your combined help. Trying to find a contact address for the band, I didn't find one. And now I'm in a rut.

My best friends are getting married in June, and since they are the biggest fans of the band that anyone can imagine and travel around Europe to see the band, etc., I wanted to get them a signed autograph card by the band on their wedding day as a surprise gift. They'd be over the moon.

So, does anybody know how I can get in touch with the band about this? Since DT are considered one of the most fan-friendly bands around, I'm sure they'd sign an autograph. But how do I get in touch?

If ANYONE out there can help me with me quest, PLEASE do. That would be so cool!

Thanks a million!

Cheers from Germany,
Carsten

Forum category: 
DaKraut's picture

[quote=comment][quote=DaKraut][quote=comment]Hey, you're welcome man. Hope it works.

Mainly in the area of Kaiserslautern. How about yourself? [/quote]

Well, I moved to Munich 30 years ago and then 40 miles further North near Ingolstadt/Pfaffenhofen. However, I'm from Trier - so you might know that place, 'cause it's not too far away from Kaiserslautern. You were there for the US Army?[/quote]

Great hometown! I have good memories of Trier and would like to visit again. I've been there a couple of times and one year I took my girl and we had a blast. We went to Munich and Ingolstadt too. I remember riding our bikes through the main City Park in Munich. She watched me like a hawk once she noticed the nude sunbathers. :p LOL

Great memories and I'm planning to make it back someday. I couldn't imagine ever wanting to leave Bavaria, but if I was native born I'm sure I'd like it more with with Marks instead of Euros. What's got you wanting to move as quickly as possible? Illuminati? :D LOL [/quote]

The world is really small, ain't it? Oh, the nude sunbathers? Hey, in the English Gardens. Well, they gained some notoriety, that's for sure. Actually, what I like the best here are indeed the beer gardens. They are a place of total freedom and tolerance - and Bavarians are not necessarily known for their tolerance.

Yeah, I'd prefer Marks to Euros, too, because all that European Community the way it exists now is just an artificial construction by European politicians with a HUGE inferiority complex, because they want to present a united front against the really BIG nations, such as the US, Russia and China. Pathetic!

Why I want to leave? Even though I was born and bred in this country, I don't like it, and I don't like my countrymen at all. They don't really enjoy life, are dreary and have not much of a sense of humour. And that's just scraping the surface!

comment's picture

[quote=DaKraut][quote=comment]Hey, you're welcome man. Hope it works.

Well, I moved to Munich 30 years ago and then 40 miles further North near Ingolstadt/Pfaffenhofen. However, I'm from Trier - so you might know that place, 'cause it's not too far away from Kaiserslautern. You were there for the US Army?[/quote]

Great hometown! I have good memories of Trier and would like to visit again. I've been there a couple of times and one year I took my girl and we had a blast. We went to Munich and Ingolstadt too. I remember riding our bikes through the main City Park in Munich. She watched me like a hawk once she noticed the nude sunbathers. :p LOL

Great memories and I'm planning to make it back someday. I couldn't imagine ever wanting to leave Bavaria, but if I was native born I'm sure I'd like it more with with Marks instead of Euros. What's got you wanting to move as quickly as possible? Illuminati? :D LOL

DaKraut's picture

[quote=comment]Hey, you're welcome man. Hope it works.

Well, I moved to Munich 30 years ago and then 40 miles further North near Ingolstadt/Pfaffenhofen. However, I'm from Trier - so you might know that place, 'cause it's not too far away from Kaiserslautern. You were there for the US Army?

comment's picture

Hey, you're welcome man. Hope it works.

Mainly in the area of Kaiserslautern. How about yourself?

DaKraut's picture

[quote=comment]...BTW I loved living in Germany. Prost!
[/quote]

Oops! Totally forgot this. Whereabouts in Germany did you live? I myself would love to move away as quickly as possible!

DaKraut's picture

Hi, there,

thanks so much for replying so quickly. I'll definitely try your hint.

Cheers.

comment's picture

I haven't found anything "official", my guess is because of the internet and sites like facebook etc.. However, I called RR and they said we could mail it to them. Personally, I'd send it to their management company first. Steve Morse is managed by Frank Solomon too and this is how he receives his correspondence. ...BTW I loved living in Germany. Prost!

Dream Theater Correspondence
c/o Frank Solomon Management
P.O. Box 639
Natick, MA 01760
USA

Dream Theater Correspondence
c/o Road Runner Records
902 Broadway ,8th Floor
New York, NY 10010