Skip directly to content

John Petrucci Recipes!

• John Petrucci Recipes!
    October 2, 2013 - 2:28am

So, with JP posting so many pictures of food he cooks as well as him actually grilling(or smoking?) chicken during a web interview, I've started wondering, "are any of his recipes floating around out there?"

If anyone has some of his recipes or if you think you have some of your own that are worthy of a prog metal god, share them here! And please specify whether the recipe is his or yours or a friends or a family recipe. Give credit where it's due!

ironwolg's picture
on October 2, 2013 - 2:28am

So, with JP posting so many pictures of food he cooks as well as him actually grilling(or smoking?) chicken during a web interview, I've started wondering, "are any of his recipes floating around out there?"

If anyone has some of his recipes or if you think you have some of your own that are worthy of a prog metal god, share them here! And please specify whether the recipe is his or yours or a friends or a family recipe. Give credit where it's due!

Forum category: 
ironwolg's picture

To get started, here's a recipe I found on the John Petrucci forum, oddly enough, the recipe is said to have originated here.

JPM90th

Found it on the DT forums....

This is one of my favourite recipes because its so easy to make, and everyone loves it! Even Meat Loaf himself won't be able to resist my meatloaf!

Serves 6

1 pound ground beef or a combination of ground beef, pork, and veal
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups Progresso Bread Crumbs, Italian Style
1/2 cup grates Romano cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
One 14-ounce can of low-sodium chicken broth

Preheat the oven to 350 F

Mix together the beef, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste with clean hands in a large bowl. Press into a loaf pan. Pour the chicken broth over the top of the meatloaf until covered. Bake for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours until a meat thermometer reads 160 F.

Meat Balls:

Same basic meatloaf recipe. Just shape into meatballs and fry in olive oil until cooked thoroughly.