Skip directly to content

Jordan in da house!

• Jordan in da house!
    September 20, 2011 - 7:50pm

Hey Everybody-

Just arrived at rehearsals here for the US tour. I'm really excited to get this next part of our journey underway. The energy around the new album has been amazing. Thanks to all for listening.
    You are all gonna be smiling when you come out and see us perform. Everything looks amazing! All of our various rigs and the stage set are totally happening! Now to put my hands on about 3 million notes and focus on what we love to do. MAKE MUSIC!! Looking forward to interacting with you guys here.

Jordan Rudess

Jordan Rudess's picture
on September 20, 2011 - 7:50pm

Hey Everybody-

Just arrived at rehearsals here for the US tour. I'm really excited to get this next part of our journey underway. The energy around the new album has been amazing. Thanks to all for listening.
You are all gonna be smiling when you come out and see us perform. Everything looks amazing! All of our various rigs and the stage set are totally happening! Now to put my hands on about 3 million notes and focus on what we love to do. MAKE MUSIC!! Looking forward to interacting with you guys here.

Jordan Rudess

Forum category: 
Keysman's picture

Hey Jordan!
Thanks for the updates,it's a pleasure to interact with you on here.
I love bands who are down to earth and are always willing to interract with their fans through forums etc.
Love the new album and I hope you come to Wales when you guys tour the U.K.

Philba1966's picture

@ Jordan Rudess

Hi Jordan...it's an honor and a pleasure to interact with you here. I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys in Boston on Monday night with my wife & our 21 y/o son. It's our first DT show and we'll be in the first 10 rows (bummed that the M&G's were gone by the time I found out you were coming to town...won't happen again now that I'm part of the community!), so I don't see how it will be anything but amazing!!!

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and the guys for the incredible anthology of music. I heard Pull Me Under back in the early 90's, loved it, but made the mistaken assumption I'd just heard another "one-hit-wonder" group as it was the only song I ever heard get radio play. Enter Alice in Chains, Nirvana, STP & Soundgarden and I was easily distracted. About three years ago, my then 18 y/o reintroduced my to you guys and I've been hooked since! Music has always been an important part of my life and is often the only thing that can pull me out of the depths of a mental funk.The beauty of what you create touches me deeply and reminds me that life's not so bad after all.

Again, I thank you all! Make sure Mike brings you into some of the fine eateries around our town...being Columbus Day, where better than the North End to have some fine Itailian cuisine! It's a great walking town and the weather's supposed to be phenominal. Enjoy...I know we will Monday night!

BigBunny's picture

[quote=Jordan Rudess]Hey Everyone.
First of all- did you see this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlul5IRbUlo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[...

yes, i've seen the latest video :) it's great to hear from the band!

i'm only a baby DTer (2yrs) so my ears are still new to DT. but Jordan i have to say your keyboard playing gives me goosebumps at times, and that's a good thing. the only other player that i can compare that feeling too is listening to Mike Garson play with David Bowie! **good goosebumps** ;)

i know the USA fans are in for a treat, hope you tour OZ in 2012!

[b]edit:[/b] i'm feeling like a real moron. just realized you played keyboards on my fav. Bowie album HEATHEN :p

Imonkeyman's picture

I'd love to be one of the ones to say I would be seeing the show, but unfortunately, you guys have skipped my home state (Maine) on every single tour except when you guys did Gigantour. So hopefully this tour ends with full blown concert release on Blu-ray/DVD/CD.....that's usually how I get to see you guys....although if you guys ever choose to play Portland, Maine....I would DEFINITELY buy tickets to be there.

John Locke

reo73's picture

See you tomorrow night in LA. I'm excited you guys are playing Nokia Theater, I've seen you 3Xs before in LA all at different venues. Saw you at The Palladium in 2000 during SFAM when the Fire Dept. came thru and shut down the show. Bummer for sure, but the vibe was so cool while the audience sang Spirit Carries On.

osmosis2259DTF's picture

See u in Philly!

KevShmev's picture

Great info, JR! I won't be seeing you guys on this tour again (us poor folks in St. Louis haven't seen you guys since 2004), but I can't wait to see what surprises you pull out. :)

Scooterfruit's picture

See you in Vancouver Jordan! Have an awesome tour!

Jordan Rudess's picture

Hey Everyone.
First of all- did you see this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlul5IRbUlo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Secondly.... Tonight is the first show of the tour. We took our bus from LA (where we rehearsed) to San Francisco overnight. Its always interesting getting used to life on a tour bus! I slept pretty well actually!
Could it be because i hardly slept for the 3 days before that!! Between jetlag and the intensity of pulling this together there was not much quality sleep to be had.
Right now I'm in my hotel contemplating a walk to clear my head and to get ready for TONIGHT!
Rehearsals went well. As usual would have been cool to have more time, but this is how it goes!
I think my Ipads, Kronos, MusicPad, Continuum etc are all dialed in and ready. If not talk to Gianluca!! (my tech) :)
Its awesome to read all your comments here and to start this next chapter of Dreqm Theater. Thanks for all of your support. It means a lot to us!
Hope to see you all -- --- ----! ( fill in the blanks)

Musically,
Jordan

Niels B's picture

Yea, great to see Jordan here! And Jordan, congratulations to a great album! See ya in Helsinki next year!

Daso's picture

Wow! Great to see you in here, Jordan! It's an honor, actually. You're one of my greatest influences as a keyboardist man, I love all of the music I've heard by you so far, from your solo albums, LTE, DT, the Dregs, everything, you're amazing! More than a virtuoso, a prodigy! Thanks for creating such an AMAZING album with ADToE, it's one of my favorite Dream Theater albums along with the classics that Images and Words and Awake are. ADToE is a masterpiece. Keep it up guys!

Sadly, I won't be able to attend to any shows of yours since there's no scheduled shows for Panama, which is the reason I've never been to one of your shows either :( Hopefully you guys will come one day, I would do whatever I had to do to go!

Kantele's picture

Testing

Earthling2112's picture

I'm ready to have my mind blown tomorrow night in SF. See ya there.

Lightweight's picture

[quote=KirksNoseHair]Whoa, cool that The Wizard is posting here - Hey Jordan :D [/quote]

Oh you are here as well :P

KirksNoseHair_2's picture

Whoa, cool that The Wizard is posting here - Hey Jordan :D

goodnightkiss's picture

@Jordan Rudess: Finally after not being able since the last time in 1997... seeing you again febr 1 2012 IJsselhal, Zwolle!! Also can't forget the intimate unplugged show at Nighttown Rotterdam, was a privilige to be there!! On both occassions still with Derek... Can't wait to hear YOUR sound 'A'live Jordan! Stiil my hair is not as grey as your goatee....

eternal dreamer's picture

i hope everything is doing great my man

BigBunny's picture

wow :o i didn't even know contrapuntal was a word. i learnt a new word thanx to DT, how amazing is this band!!
not only do they give me wonderful music to listen to but they help expand my vocabulary, thanx Jordan! ;)

[b]edit:[/b] [b]con·tra·pun·tal[/b]   /ˌkɒntrəˈpʌntl/ Show Spelled[kon-truh-puhn-tl]
adjective Music .
1. of or pertaining to counterpoint.
2. composed of two or more relatively independent melodies sounded together.

Dave52's picture

Sounds ace Jordan! Caught you guys in the UK in July - you were fantastic. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Loving the new Album btw... :)

Jordan Rudess's picture

Closing in on the first show! Rehearsals are intense but fun. The vibe is just so cool. Everybody is working hard!!
Had an interesting session with Mangini today just practicing keyboards and drums for a while. We went through some of the REALLY hard parts of songs starting very slowly and gradually increasing the tempo. What was really kind of funny is that the keyboard parts I wrote for the really proggy stuff sometimes is so contrapuntal that when there is no guitar in the mix, the way it fits with the drums is CRAZY! Anyway- once JP and JM joined us it was even more locked then ever....
Nothing like some practice to bring something together. Tomorrow we will do a dress rehearsal and then of course the next day that's it. First show.... So excited!!

JR

ZackZ86's picture

I cant wait to see you in atlanta! So stoked!

BigBunny's picture

Jordan needs his wizard avatar on here ;)

Acid Rain Puppy's picture

Thanks for the update Jordan! I can't wait for this show! I heard the new stage will look super-cool too... much different than the stage for the Prog Nation tour?

JinovaDTF's picture

Hey Jordan! Getting pumped for the Pittsburgh show. Cant wait to see you guys and hear the new tunes played live.
Loving the new album!!!! Great job!!!

Trial of Tears's picture

It was great seeing you last Friday...................now I can't wait for the Beacon!!!

Kashmir75's picture

Thanks so much for checking in, Jordan! That's fantastic you stay connected with your fans like this.

Keep doing what you guys do best: rocking out. Congrats for cracking the charts with ADTOE, you guys deserve it!

Love and support to you guys!

octavarium41889's picture

Hey Jordan!!

i must say your work on A Dramatic Turn of Events is some of the greatest melodies and riffs i have heard from you. Very excited to hear this stuff live! keep up the amazing work man! I wish the best for all of you in the DT camp.

Canuck's picture

Congratulations on "A Dramatic Turn of Events", it's an absolutely brilliant album. Can't wait to see you perform some of the tracks when you visit Vancouver, Canada on September 28. This will be my second DT concert, and I'm stoked to see Mike Mangini behind the kit, DT has new life. Wishing you and the rest of the band members many more years of beautiful recordings and touring.

Geddy Petrucci's picture

Jordan, you are DA MAN!! Congrats on writing perhaps the greatest CD ever recorded. I'll be at the Warfield on Saturday and am looking forward to it big time to say the least!

Obryn's picture

Respect to Jordan the rest of the DT family. I can't wait to see you guys here in Dallas, Oct. 27! It will be my first DT show and I am absolutely pumped! I've been absolutely captivated with your music since Metropolis Pt. 2 and cannot wait to experience it live :D

Pages