Skip directly to content

Kansas City Owned

• Kansas City Owned
    June 29, 2012 - 12:41pm

I would like to thank DT for yet another spellbinding concert. My 5th time seeing them live and their shows continue to be the gold standard by which I measure all others.

I am compelled to share the following thoughts: it is humbling in my opinion how dedicated these guys are to the fans. It has to be so easy to just dial in these shows after doing this for anything more than 5 or 6 years. Not so with DT. I've been at venues where there are around 3000 attendees up to around 10,000 I'd guess and they are equally electric each time. Hell - it was an outdoor venue and it had got up to 105 in KC yesterday and was not below 90 during the entire concert and it was still delivered with passion and energy. There is a reason why your fans would follow you to hell guys, and the above are some of the reasons why.

Mike Mangini has absolutely breathed new life into this group. It was not that they were dwindling in the past but I feel like it is truly explosive now. I credit both Mike and the group's subsequent reaction to him.

I had frankly given up on hearing 6:00 or Caught in a Web at a concert. In fact, I've spoken to a number of DT fans and none of them had heard 6:00 before live. And...there I was yesterday and the second song...BAM! 6:00! Thank you so much for playing this.

In closing, when I die and my Spirit Carries On, I'll know I'm Heaven-bound when I hear DT blasting from On High as I ascend.

JanneDaArc's picture
on June 29, 2012 - 12:41pm

I would like to thank DT for yet another spellbinding concert. My 5th time seeing them live and their shows continue to be the gold standard by which I measure all others.

I am compelled to share the following thoughts: it is humbling in my opinion how dedicated these guys are to the fans. It has to be so easy to just dial in these shows after doing this for anything more than 5 or 6 years. Not so with DT. I've been at venues where there are around 3000 attendees up to around 10,000 I'd guess and they are equally electric each time. Hell - it was an outdoor venue and it had got up to 105 in KC yesterday and was not below 90 during the entire concert and it was still delivered with passion and energy. There is a reason why your fans would follow you to hell guys, and the above are some of the reasons why.

Mike Mangini has absolutely breathed new life into this group. It was not that they were dwindling in the past but I feel like it is truly explosive now. I credit both Mike and the group's subsequent reaction to him.

I had frankly given up on hearing 6:00 or Caught in a Web at a concert. In fact, I've spoken to a number of DT fans and none of them had heard 6:00 before live. And...there I was yesterday and the second song...BAM! 6:00! Thank you so much for playing this.

In closing, when I die and my Spirit Carries On, I'll know I'm Heaven-bound when I hear DT blasting from On High as I ascend.

Forum category: 
dtfan4life's picture

I was at this show and it was my 5th time to see them as well. The 1st four times I saw them was in Houston, TX. I had the meet & greet this go around and it was well worth the money. Talking to those guys was like seeing Santa for the 1st time when you are a little kid. The 1st time I saw them I was at the Tower Theater in Houston Texas and Mike Portnoy was filming us in the crowd. The footage actually ended up on their Images and Words Live in Tokyo VHS when they skip to a scene back in the states at the once again sold out Tower Theater. I am in the crowd, wearing a white shirt, jumping up and down and looking like a dork. Now on to the KC 2012 show at the meet & greet I was talking to James Labrie trying to tell him the story about the Tower Theater but was so nervous I told him Mike Mangini (instead of Mike Portnoy) was doing the filming. Labrie responded back to me "Do you mean Mike Portnoy?". I said yeah, I mean Portnoy. He said he was just going to let me go with that (Mangini). It was pretty funny.