Skip directly to content

"This Is The Life" lyric video

• "This Is The Life" lyric video
    October 6, 2011 - 8:44am

Hey guys,

This just surfaced on youtube about 2 days ago, a very very well made lyric video to "This Is The Life" made by a fan named Marty Flickinger, absolutely inspiring. Do check it out, even RoadRunner liked it on youtube!

Your text to link here...

lak89's picture
on October 6, 2011 - 8:44am

Hey guys,

This just surfaced on youtube about 2 days ago, a very very well made lyric video to "This Is The Life" made by a fan named Marty Flickinger, absolutely inspiring. Do check it out, even RoadRunner liked it on youtube!

Your text to link here...

Forum category: 
SrSkaRamone's picture

Come to think of it, this is the first DT song my wife has listened to as well. But I think it's probably because this song is more of a ballad and less prog. But if my video helped you introduce DT to your wives, I'm happy I could help.

Wolfpacker96's picture

That's funny! I've already downloaded the video myself and thought I'd attempt to see if my wife would like it!

Filthy Beast's picture

I'm trying to convert my wife into a DT fan, but it's hard to get her to sit down and really listen to anything, she always wants to be focused on something else and treat it as background music. She usually only listens for a minute or so and then says "it's alright" and doesn't really pick up anything memorable from it.

I showed her your video. I noticed she was watching and following the lyrics. She stayed through the whole song, and at the end said 'that's not a bad song". I've played the song a few times since in the house and she recognizes it now. I was ripping on "Bridges" yesterday and she said "play that one song I like" (referring to TITL).

Progress!

Wolfpacker96's picture

Wow, thanks for sharing that. If that didn't win the contest what did!

SrSkaRamone's picture

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoyed making it and I'm glad that so many people have been able to enjoy it as well.

Even though the contest is closed, I went back and made further refinements and improvements, and have put the new version up now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa8mB5F_-CA