Skip directly to content

"This is the life" -Uriah Heep revisited?

• "This is the life" -Uriah Heep revisited?
    December 5, 2011 - 12:32pm

Hello folks,

when I first heard "As I am" first vocal lines, I instantly thought of U2's "Elevation",
    and given that the DT folks are indeed U2 fans, I said to mysel-f " why the hell not, a U2 tribute song on a Metallica tribute album is fine"

But yesterday I finally laid my hands on the new album,
    and quite enjoyed it until "This is the life" where a vocal melody seems directly picked off Uriah Heep's "Illusion".With the same relaxed arrangement. And ,yes, " feed the illusion you dream about" is there,too..

I'm happy that the American folks still remember one of my favourite bands,
    but a bit disgusted in general.

So...am I the only one who's heard UH in DT?

ImagesAndWords's picture
on December 5, 2011 - 12:32pm

Hello folks,

when I first heard "As I am" first vocal lines, I instantly thought of U2's "Elevation",
and given that the DT folks are indeed U2 fans, I said to mysel-f " why the hell not, a U2 tribute song on a Metallica tribute album is fine"

and quite enjoyed it until "This is the life" where a vocal melody seems directly picked off Uriah Heep's "Illusion".With the same relaxed arrangement. And ,yes, " feed the illusion you dream about" is there,too..

So...am I the only one who's heard UH in DT?

Forum category: 
Mike G's picture

While you're on the subject of This Is The Life, does anyone happen to know the time signature for that song? It's driving me nuts.

Lady Obscure's picture

Well UH is s great band to make a reference to! *thumbs up*

bugsyoz's picture

[quote=ImagesAndWords]Hello folks,

So...am I the only one who's heard UH in DT? [/quote]

WHOAH!!!! Settle down my friend. I am not a U2 fan. At all. Quite the opposite. Uriah Heap on the other hand...outstanding.

B

jmw's picture

Wow. I just listened to it. That is INCREDIBLY similar. I wasn't familiar UH before this. You're right.

Soulfire's picture

I can't say I know the song man. I'll youtube it sometime my internet isn't being such a lemecrepe, because that does interest me.