Skip directly to content

LONG overdue recognition for DT

• LONG overdue recognition for DT
    December 3, 2011 - 4:11pm

While the individual members of the band have long been recognized for their talents and contribution to the musical world, it's about friggin' time the mainstream media gave the boys some props! Congratulations guys!!!

Is OTBoA their only video from ADToE? I love the song, but it's probably in the lower half of my favorites on the album (Brealing All Illusions, Bridges in the Sky, Outcry & Lost not Forgotten ahead of it).

I've been busting the local heavy metal / rock station's balls for a couple of years now to get DT played, but they'd rather spin Beastie Boys & Cypress Hill (dumbasses!). They still play enough Rush, Floyd & Metallica plus have a good morning show, so I'll keep listening and suggesting.

Philba1966's picture
on December 3, 2011 - 4:11pm

While the individual members of the band have long been recognized for their talents and contribution to the musical world, it's about friggin' time the mainstream media gave the boys some props! Congratulations guys!!!

Is OTBoA their only video from ADToE? I love the song, but it's probably in the lower half of my favorites on the album (Brealing All Illusions, Bridges in the Sky, Outcry & Lost not Forgotten ahead of it).

I've been busting the local heavy metal / rock station's balls for a couple of years now to get DT played, but they'd rather spin Beastie Boys & Cypress Hill (dumbasses!). They still play enough Rush, Floyd & Metallica plus have a good morning show, so I'll keep listening and suggesting.

Forum category: 
Philba1966's picture

As we feared, the Grammy board, committee or collective of lemmings (feel free to add your own outrage!) got it wrong AGAIN! While I do like Foo Fighters and greatly enjoyed their concert in Boston (11/16/11) they got a free pass in this category. They were properly recognized in the Rock category for Wasting Light and it just feels like since their name was on another ballot, they got a free checkbox vote. White Limo is no different from any other song on the album except that Dave Grohl yells & growls a little more than normal.

I expected no less, so I wasn't surprised. It was nice to see the guys interviewed at least...they clean up nicely (I LOVED Jordan's tux!)!

Bytor's picture

They got this! if not then that's all the proof I really need that "they're putting something in the water"

SDDT Fan's picture

Got my fingers crossed for tonight, but I know the chances are slim. Most of the voters are a bunch of tards who probably don't even realize that DT has been doing this for more than 20 years. Good luck DT!!

comment's picture

[quote=Philba1966]While the individual members of the band have long been recognized for their talents and contribution to the musical world, it's about friggin' time the mainstream media gave the boys some props! Congratulations guys!!!

I've been busting the local heavy metal / rock station's balls for a couple of years now to get DT played, but they'd rather spin Beastie Boys & Cypress Hill (dumbasses!). They still play enough Rush, Floyd & Metallica plus have a good morning show, so I'll keep listening and suggesting.[/quote]

The only other video they've made is a lyric video for Build Me Up, Break Me Down; if you count that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8u7CM8VEOo&ob=av3n

comment's picture

Agreed! I don't believe prog has ever been a Grammy category. And with hard rock/metal combined this year it's really amazing to see DT made it in there.

sinan810's picture

A world where musicianship would be appreciated. Faith in humanity ... restored

DeathSurvivor's picture

I like Foo Fighters, but I think DT is overdue. Would love to brag on them taking the gold...

Soulfire's picture

I assume you are referring to the Grammy nomination when you speak of the mainstream media's recognition of their talents lol. Otherwise such recognition is hard to come by -_-.

But nonetheless, congrats on making it to the Grammys. Kick Dave Grohl's arse :p