Skip directly to content

Majesty Symbol

• Majesty Symbol
    October 5, 2013 - 10:38am

Been a fan since Images and Words, but I've never known what the symbol was about. Anybody have any insight?

mitch5366's picture
on October 5, 2013 - 10:38am

Been a fan since Images and Words, but I've never known what the symbol was about. Anybody have any insight?

Forum category: 
DrmThrFan's picture

Although their original name was Majesty and the symbol was based on the Mary Queen of Scotts seal, Charlie Dominici came up with it and if you look closely at the symbol you’ll notice all the letters for Dominici fit in it.

Fabian Saunders's picture

I think its their Trade Mark, they were actually called Majesty when they first stated in 1986 back when they Chris Collins and Keven Moore in their band, they needed a new name because there was another band called Majesty, they were allowed to keep the Majesty Symbol. the other band did not have that Symbol

I hope these answers satisfy you, in the meantime keep on listening to the best Band in the world Dream Theater.

NQL13's picture

MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS QUOTED "LOOK TO YOUR CONSCIENCES AND REMEMBER THAT THE THEATER OF THE WHOLE WORLD IS WIDER THAN THE KINGDOM OF ENGLAND." (2004) JOHN GUY MY HEART IS MY OWN THE LIFE OF MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS ISBN 978-1-84115-753-5

skildude's picture

The Majesty symbol is from Dream Theaters original name. They kept the symbol but changed the name due to another band already recording under the name Majesty