Skip directly to content

MANCHESTER

• MANCHESTER
    February 10, 2012 - 4:14pm

No spoilers folks, but the set list was slightly different from the night before. Everybody going to Wembley tonight are going to be blown away. I've seen this band from the first tour in the UK to this tour (i guess like most of you). This band just get better & better. Every one of 'em playing and singing at the top of their game. Thanks DT.

northy's picture
on February 10, 2012 - 4:14pm

No spoilers folks, but the set list was slightly different from the night before. Everybody going to Wembley tonight are going to be blown away. I've seen this band from the first tour in the UK to this tour (i guess like most of you). This band just get better & better. Every one of 'em playing and singing at the top of their game. Thanks DT.

Forum category: 
DARREN BLACKBURN's picture

HI NORTHY SAME GIG AT BRADFORD MAY BE 300 TOPS COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I WAS SEEING OR HEARING THAT NIGHT BLEW ME AWAY AND THEY STILL DO

northy's picture

Hi Darren. My first DT gig was at Manchester students union (now Academy 2 i think) upstairs 1993. I think there were about 200 of us and they played stuff off the first two albums, also a great version of the Mission Impossible theme tune. The stage was small , but it was a great gig.

DARREN BLACKBURN's picture

YES NORTHY I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE GIGS BEING GREAT WENT TO MANCHESTER THEN ON TO WEMBLEY MY 1ST GIG BRADFORD 1993 QUEENS HALL WHERE WAS YOURS

AJBaxter's picture

I loved the set list. They never seem to disappoint (in my opinion) on that side of things.
As soon as I heard the opening notes of the encore, I had full body goosebumps ha.

NickG's picture

[quote=northy]No spoilers folks, but the set list was slightly different from the night before. Everybody going to Wembley tonight are going to be blown away. I've seen this band from the first tour in the UK to this tour (i guess like most of you). This band just get better & better. Every one of 'em playing and singing at the top of their game. Thanks DT.[/quote]

Northy I'll second those sentiments.

As I am relatively new to DT - although I've been listening to prog/rock/blues & metal for 35 years - unlike 'most of you' I have only seen them twice, last year at High Voltage and last night. I would just like to add that of the 28 songs played during those 2 2hr sets (excluding the drum solo) ONLY On The Backs of Angels was duplicated, how awesome is that!!!