Skip directly to content

Manchester UK show w. Periphery. Y U NO LIKE STANDING?!

• Manchester UK show w. Periphery. Y U NO LIKE STANDING?!
    January 16, 2012 - 10:24pm

Okay yeah this is old news but I was sort of hoping it was a mistake and when it got closer to the time the band/tour manager or whatever would realize, that a couple of thousand people going to see Periphery and then the almighty DT might want to you know, jump around a bit? I can't be the only one!! Looking forward to the gig though, and we have a spare ticket if anyone wants it for face value on the day. I'd rather give it to a fan, because you'll be sat with us too (another downside of seated tickets!)

can't wait! :D

weezul's picture
on January 16, 2012 - 10:24pm

Okay yeah this is old news but I was sort of hoping it was a mistake and when it got closer to the time the band/tour manager or whatever would realize, that a couple of thousand people going to see Periphery and then the almighty DT might want to you know, jump around a bit? I can't be the only one!! Looking forward to the gig though, and we have a spare ticket if anyone wants it for face value on the day. I'd rather give it to a fan, because you'll be sat with us too (another downside of seated tickets!)

can't wait! :D

Forum category: 
chromeboy2003's picture

Hi guys,

New to the forum so greetings from Ireland, Although im not new to DT, Been listening since 94.
I made the trip to see the Manchester & London shows, DT were amazing as always, The new songs sounded fantastic live, Unlike some previous posts i did enjoy Periphery. I thought they sounded quite unique, Had some cool ideas and were competent players.

Anyway i filmed the full Manchester show and about half the Wembley show if anyone wants to check the vids out, they are here

http://www.youtube.com/user/Chromeboy2003?feature=mhee#g/u

AJBaxter's picture

[quote=achilles500]Periphery were shite [/quote]

What makes you say that?

achilles500's picture

DT were amazing.
Periphery were shite what a waste of time that DT could have been playing for.

Frostbitez's picture

[quote=AJBaxter]Got to use my ticket for life for the first time too :D[/quote]
U lucky bastard :)

AJBaxter's picture

[quote=NickG][quote=AJBaxter]Is the whole venue going to be seated?
If I'm honest it doesn't bother me either way.
Looking forward to it! I just hope the weather holds up so I can get there/home![/quote]

AJBaxter I trust you got there, it was awesome! I had the same problem but from (slightly) further as I live in Harrogate. Took just short of 3 hours to get there but only 100mins on the way back despite the fog! Only problem with snow/ice was when we got back home by which time there'd been an icestorm or something!!! Still if we choose to travel across the M62 in Feb what can we expect!!
[/quote]

Yeah I got there okay! Motorway was fun though, on the journey there and back.
Took me and hour and half either way, give or take.
Well worth it though, loved the gig. It's the first time I'd been seated at a DT show, and I enjoyed it. Was a little gutted at being up on the balcony bit, but I still had a decent view!

Got to use my ticket for life for the first time too :D

NickG's picture

[quote=AJBaxter]Is the whole venue going to be seated?
Looking forward to it! I just hope the weather holds up so I can get there/home![/quote]

AJBaxter I trust you got there, it was awesome! I had the same problem but from (slightly) further as I live in Harrogate. Took just short of 3 hours to get there but only 100mins on the way back despite the fog! Only problem with snow/ice was when we got back home by which time there'd been an icestorm or something!!! Still if we choose to travel across the M62 in Feb what can we expect!!

northy's picture

I was at the Manchester gig, and understand what you mean. But I'm also in a wheelchair, so if people were to say stand in front of the wheelchair users, then we wouldn't see anything. The best idea for the Manchester Apollo is to have the stalls all standing and erect the wheelchair platform at the back. Then everybody wins.

AJBaxter's picture

Is the whole venue going to be seated?
Looking forward to it! I just hope the weather holds up so I can get there/home!