Skip directly to content

Meanstreak

• Meanstreak
    September 29, 2011 - 6:05pm

Hi guys!!
    Probably most of you already knew that JP's, JM's and MP's wives were in a band some years ago...for those of you who didn't know, I advise to go on youtube and listen to their album, "Roadkill"...I was surprised when I heard some songs, they were great and I really like their music !!!

Let me know what you think about them...bye :)

Ilaria's picture
on September 29, 2011 - 6:05pm

Hi guys!!
Probably most of you already knew that JP's, JM's and MP's wives were in a band some years ago...for those of you who didn't know, I advise to go on youtube and listen to their album, "Roadkill"...I was surprised when I heard some songs, they were great and I really like their music !!!

Let me know what you think about them...bye :)

Forum category: 
ZeppelinDT's picture

I think the YouTube video Awake79 is talking about was from Rena's current band (Mixxed Company)... not Meanstreak. Meanstreak hasn't existed since the early 90's. I doubt Derek's g/f was involved at all. They didn't know Derek until years later.

Soulfire's picture

I didn't know there was any Meanstreak stuff on teh youtubez, I'll have to check it out.

I found out about it a while ago and wanted to get into it, because, although it sounds demeaning, the concept of a "DT wive's band" was just too much to let go (no offense intended to anyone). I think Derek Sherinian's wife/girlfriend may have also been involved with them in some way at some point...?

Anyways i couldn't find anything on them at the time so i ditched it. I'm glad something came up :)

Awake79's picture

[quote=ZeppelinDT]Obviously Meanstreak is no more, but Rena still plays fairly regularly with a local covers band. I've seen them a few times actually... they're pretty damn good. She's got skillz.[/quote]

I saw a vid of her on youtube playing Sweet Child of Mine; she killed that solo! Good stuff!

ZeppelinDT's picture

Obviously Meanstreak is no more, but Rena still plays fairly regularly with a local covers band. I've seen them a few times actually... they're pretty damn good. She's got skillz.

RC Towers's picture

Meanstreak sounds pretty good, actually I would rather listen to this album, than other "famous" groups. They have a tight sound, can't really hear the lyrics well, but they sound really good. Heavy metal to the core, but with a twist. If I happen to come across it, in one of the music stores or something, I will definitely buy it. Thanks for bringing Meanstreak to my attention.
May Oneness Bless Us All, As One.