Skip directly to content

Metropolis Pt 2 scream

• Metropolis Pt 2 scream
    May 30, 2014 - 12:40pm

Okay so you know the scream in Finally Free; right before the guy says "Open your eyes Victoria"?
    Well, I was watching The Butterfly Effect today and There was a scream in there that sounded Just like the scream in this song. Knowing Dream Theater has a history of using movie sound clips in their songs, I thought that they took this scream from The Butterfly Effect.
    However! Metropolis pt 2 came out in 2000 while The Butterfly Effect came out in 2004. So how is this possible? Is the scream in both the movie and the song a sound effect from another previous source?

Ytsejam58's picture
on May 30, 2014 - 12:40pm

Okay so you know the scream in Finally Free; right before the guy says "Open your eyes Victoria"?
Well, I was watching The Butterfly Effect today and There was a scream in there that sounded Just like the scream in this song. Knowing Dream Theater has a history of using movie sound clips in their songs, I thought that they took this scream from The Butterfly Effect.
However! Metropolis pt 2 came out in 2000 while The Butterfly Effect came out in 2004. So how is this possible? Is the scream in both the movie and the song a sound effect from another previous source?

Forum category: