Skip directly to content

Mike Portnoy speaks THE TRUTH about the lawsuit

• Mike Portnoy speaks THE TRUTH about the lawsuit
    September 20, 2011 - 8:47pm

Mike has spoken on his forum to clear some of yesterday's drama. Please read. Mike didnt sue DT and as now, that thing is closed and both DT and MP are moving on....

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?high&m=2710576&mpage=6#2711506

:D

From MP.com

Quote:
    Stadler is correct (as he has been throughout this whole ordeal)

First of all, I did NOT sue them....and second of all, I DESPERATELY tried to discuss matters with them personally to avoid ANYTHING LIKE THIS and yet THEY insisted on ONLY using lawyers...so my lawyers filed those papers (BACK IN APRIL mind you) as that was the position they chose to take...if the band wouldve talked to me, it wouldve NEVER come to that!!!

All that aside, this was 6 months ago....so yes indeed, we have all moved on since then...

I'm still really not allowed to discuss any of this publically, but I feel everybody's hasty and half-truth filled witchhunt yesterday deserves to be addressed to help at least try to clear my name and reputation that was so wrongly tainted by yesterday's false conclusions...

The fact is, when you have a band (or a corporation or marriage) for 25 years there are business and financial things that need to be sorted out behind the scenes...however, it was incredibly LAME of Blabbermouth to exploit these private issues and divulge personal information that is clearly nobody's business other than our own.

They are creating hate and negative propaganda and poisoning the minds and spirits of music fans around the world...shame on them.

MP

Kantele's picture
on September 20, 2011 - 8:47pm

Mike has spoken on his forum to clear some of yesterday's drama. Please read. Mike didnt sue DT and as now, that thing is closed and both DT and MP are moving on....

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?high&m=2710576&mpage=6#2711506

:D

From MP.com

Quote:
Stadler is correct (as he has been throughout this whole ordeal)

First of all, I did NOT sue them....and second of all, I DESPERATELY tried to discuss matters with them personally to avoid ANYTHING LIKE THIS and yet THEY insisted on ONLY using lawyers...so my lawyers filed those papers (BACK IN APRIL mind you) as that was the position they chose to take...if the band wouldve talked to me, it wouldve NEVER come to that!!!

All that aside, this was 6 months ago....so yes indeed, we have all moved on since then...

I'm still really not allowed to discuss any of this publically, but I feel everybody's hasty and half-truth filled witchhunt yesterday deserves to be addressed to help at least try to clear my name and reputation that was so wrongly tainted by yesterday's false conclusions...

The fact is, when you have a band (or a corporation or marriage) for 25 years there are business and financial things that need to be sorted out behind the scenes...however, it was incredibly LAME of Blabbermouth to exploit these private issues and divulge personal information that is clearly nobody's business other than our own.

They are creating hate and negative propaganda and poisoning the minds and spirits of music fans around the world...shame on them.

MP

Forum category: 
Dave52's picture

So he hates Blabbermouth for this, but if there's a picture of him and Sebastian Bach in the offing - he's all over it.

I couldn't care less tbh, but DT have worked hard to produce a fantastic album (probably the best since 6DOIT), and are about to embark of a world tour to promote it. I'd hate to see 1 cent of their hard earned cash go to MP. Asking for a lengthy Hiatus 'cause he was all burned out (while trying his damnedest to get into to A7X).

What a twat (as we Englishers like to say).

Kantele's picture

@Lightweight: I think that everyone is biased in their opinions against or in favor of MP. About his status promoting his "super groups" as you call them...well, you have to stay with a positive vibe in anything you want or plan to achieve and succed in. IE, I run two business of my own, and is a MUST to stay proactive and positive if you want things to work.

I imagine that if Mike had became silent and depressed, that would certainly be something very peculiar given that we know MP is a very proactive character.

Fans need to separate the personal thing with their artists. I mean, you don't really know MP so focus on his music. If you dont like Amob, thats OK! You dont have to adore everything that Mike puts on.

I'll just like to add that none of us know of the financial and legal implications that went when MP decided to leave the band that he formed and in which he owns songs, cover artworks, etc. DT was aware of this, and if from the beggining they decided thay lawyers would get a better understanding of the issue, maybe they were addressed to dont speak to MP, hence the "victimization" comments, etc.

Peace

Lightweight's picture

Personally I don't care if he tried to sue them or not, but I'm sick to death about him playing the victim card. He left DT thinking he'd become a full time member of AX7, and when that didn't work, a world melancholic status updates and trying to promote every single move his new projects made started.
To be frank I'm losing more and more respect for the dude every time he opens his mouth about DT or his "super-awesome-projects!!!!11".