Skip directly to content

A Mind By Itself.

• A Mind By Itself.
    March 7, 2012 - 2:27am

Okay... who here listens to all 3 parts as separate songs and who puts them together into 1 20 minute song? Whenever they are together in a row I always sync them together. Like in Awake and Live Scenes From New York.

And this has been bugging me. I dont have the CD version of 6 Degrees. When you put the CD into the player, can you chapter skip to the next part of the song or is it just 1 42 minute long "chapter"?

Ytsejam58's picture
on March 7, 2012 - 2:27am

Okay... who here listens to all 3 parts as separate songs and who puts them together into 1 20 minute song? Whenever they are together in a row I always sync them together. Like in Awake and Live Scenes From New York.

And this has been bugging me. I dont have the CD version of 6 Degrees. When you put the CD into the player, can you chapter skip to the next part of the song or is it just 1 42 minute long "chapter"?

Forum category: 
Ytsejam58's picture

@Invincible Psychotron: The reason I asked about 6 Degrees is because on Awake when they listed the A Mind By Itself as separate tracks they would say
4 I. Erotomania
5 II. Voices
6 III. The Silent Man

But when I saw 6 Degrees it said.
1. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
I. Overture
II. About to Crash
Atc.

making me think that it is all just one track.

But thanks for letting me know :D And I would definitely buy the disc sometime but I can never find DT albums in FYE except Images and Words, Black Clouds... ,and A Dramatic Turn of Events. and I don't think Best Buy has it either. When in doubt, buy it off the internet.

comment's picture

I listen to them separately most of the time. I do the same for 6DOIT too, but enjoy them all the way through from time to time.

Invincible Psychotron's picture

[b]Hi,

Well whenever I listen to 'A Mind Beside Itself - I. Erotomania (Instrumental) II. Voices III. The Silent Man', I listen to it in it's entirety both from "Awake" and "Live Scenes From New York - Disc 3".

Since you do not own a copy of "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" I will recommend that you must get one as soon as possible. It's a must have for any "Dream Theater" fan * period *. Besides that DISC TWO of "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence" comprises of eight tracks. They are eight parts which complete the title track and you can skip to any track whenever you want...I do not think I am telling you something that you do not know!

6° Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence:

I. Overture (Instrumental)
II. About To Crash
III. The Test That Stumped Them All
IV. War Inside My Head
V. Goodnight Kiss
VI. Solitary Shell
VII. About To Crash (Reprise)
VIII. Losing Time / Grand Finale

P.S.: This title track has been performed on "Score X O X 20th Anniversary World Tour Live With The Octavarium Orchestra" DVD as well as the Audio CD in it's entirety and you probably wouldn't like to skip parts as a genuine "Dream Theater" admirer and listener.

Happy Listening...DREAM THEATER ALL THE WAY \m/ \m/[/b] :)