Skip directly to content

Multi Track songs

• Multi Track songs
    June 4, 2013 - 12:33pm

So recently, i've been working on separating my extra long songs (octavarium, Six Degrees) into each part. Dream Theater gave those songs different parts already so I just separated them based on that; but i also found myself doing this for a lot of other longer songs too. A Night Mare to Remember, The Count of Tuscany, Ministry of Lost Souls (part 1, instrumental, and part 2) I did this to make the tracks more shuffle friendly; I shuffle my ipod a lot and shuffling through a 24 min song gets tiresome at times. so, I was wondering if you would do this too or if you would be faithful to Dream Theater and keep their songs in their 24 min glory.

Ytsejam58's picture
on June 4, 2013 - 12:33pm

So recently, i've been working on separating my extra long songs (octavarium, Six Degrees) into each part. Dream Theater gave those songs different parts already so I just separated them based on that; but i also found myself doing this for a lot of other longer songs too. A Night Mare to Remember, The Count of Tuscany, Ministry of Lost Souls (part 1, instrumental, and part 2) I did this to make the tracks more shuffle friendly; I shuffle my ipod a lot and shuffling through a 24 min song gets tiresome at times. so, I was wondering if you would do this too or if you would be faithful to Dream Theater and keep their songs in their 24 min glory.

Forum category: 
Ytsejam58's picture

@fugalugaboobs: i love all of hemespheres do death, it's one of my favorite songs of all time! but when I'm shuffling, I really don't want to listen to the whole thing. i split that up too.

fugalugaboobs's picture

I shuffle my ipod a lot and shuffling through a 24 min song gets tiresome at times. so, I was wondering if you would do this too or if you would be faithful to Dream Theater and keep their songs in their 24 min glory.[/quote]
That would be like putting a huge grin on the MonaLisa painting or at least taking 5 minutes away from Rush's Hemeispheres. Wouldn't work. But, what the hell. I agree, shuffling a 24 min song would be tiresome.